Chapter 18: Mountain Glenn

Weiss: Professor Oobleck?

Oobleck: Yes, I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary, girls, seeing as you've opted to shadow a Huntsman on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you, we will not be establishing a single base of operations; rather, we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon. I packed all of our essentials myself, plotted our air course, and readied the airship. And...

He sped right up to Weiss face with a fierce glare...Well as fierce as can be with a man of Oobleck's stature.

Oobleck: It's Doctor Oobleck! I didn't earn a phd for fun, thank you very much!

Weiss: Uhhh...

She looks over to Blake who is equally disturbed.

Oobleck: Come now children! According to my schedule, we are already three minutes behind...schedule!

He then zipped over to the airship at a incredible speed.

Y/N: I think his speed would give mine a run for it's money.

Ruby: Well, alright, then! Looks like we're going to save the world with Doctor Oooobleck- okay yeah when you say it out loud it sounds worse.

Nora: Save the world!?

Behind them Team JNPR approached with a very outraged Nora.

Nora: You're going on world-saving missions without us? I'm hurt... sad! Maybe a little hungry? That last one's not your fault, though, Ren...

He just crossed his arms and faced away from her.

Jaune: Sounds exciting. Where you going?

Ruby: Oh, just outside the kingdom.

Nora: Hey! So are we!

Pyrrha: Ren and Nora wanted to shadow the sheriff of a nearby village.

Ren: We set out tomorrow.

Suddenly Sun and Neptune join the two groups.

Neptune: Then you could party with us tonight! We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner-city detective stuff. We get junior badges.

Jaune and Y/N are both awestruck.

Y/N/Jaune: Wow...

Sun: We normally go to the city with you guys, which means stuff's always exploding and junk, so we thought this might be a better way to check out the kingdom when it's, you know... normal.

Y/N: I want you to know I agree with you 100%.

Yang smacked him over the head, earning an "ow".

Ruby: Well-

Oobleck(From afar): Four minutes children!

Team RWBY cringe from embarrassment as Y/N keeps a toothy grin.

Ruby: Well, uh...wish us luck!

With that said they wave goodbye to each other and the friends all disband to their mission.
______________________________
—Airship Over Vale—