Chapter 5: First Day

After arriving on time to class by the skin of your teeth, Professor Port immediately began a lecture.

You remember meeting him during your Beacon training when you were younger. He was a kind enough man.

That didn't stop you from being bored out of your mind though. Ruby felt the same way apparently, as she was sleeping. Much to the annoyance of Weiss, who was jotting down notes.

Port: Our planet is teaming with creatures who'd love nothing more than to tear you to pieces! And that's where we come in! Huntsman! Huntresses...

He gave Yang a wink, as she just awkwardly laughs it off.

'WHAP'

Port: Who threw that!?
________________

A few lines of dialogue later...

Port: The moral of the story? A true Huntsman must be honorable.

Ruby was balancing an apple, on a book which was balancing on the sharp point of a pencil.

Wow.

Port: A true Huntsman must be dependable.

She was nodding off again.

Port: A true Huntsman must be strategic. Well educated. Wise!

Now she was picking her nose.

Port: Who believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?

Weiss shot her hand in the air.

Weiss: I do sir!

Port: Well then let's find out...
_____________________

Weiss was into her combat uniform equipped with her Rapier. Prepared for whatever was in the cage in front of her.

Yang: Go Weiss!

Blake: Fight well!

Ruby: Yeah! Represent Team RWBY!

Weiss: Ruby! I'm trying to focus!

Ruby recoiled a little at her words.

Ruby: Oh...sorry.

Professor Port unleashed a Boarbatusk.

It made a beeline for Weiss, who dodged it and attempted to gut it then and there.

Too bad it's armored.

Port: Oh ho! Didn't expect that did you?

Ruby: Hang in there Weiss!

You can see the rage bubbling up in Weiss's face, as she charges the Boarbatusk.

They clash as its tusk get a hold on her rapier. She holds her stance and tries to wrestle her rapier back.

Ruby: Come on Weiss show em who's boss!

Weiss turns to scold Ruby but the Boarbatusk disarms her and bashes her away.

Port: Now, what will you do without your weapon?

You watched her next moves with great interest as you too wanted to see what would happen.

It charged her but she rolled out of the way in time and leapt for her weapon.

Ruby: Go for its belly! There's no armor underneath!

Weiss: Stop telling me what to do!

You sighed as you saw Ruby's saddened expression.

The Boarbatusk, charged Weiss once more. She formed a glyph in front of her which knocked it on its back. She formed another to launch herself into it and stabbed her rapier into its belly, killing it.