The Great Tragedy

Mersel—
4 Years later...

Kid#1: Woah!

Kid#2: Awesome!!!

Outside of the Orphanage, there were dozens of kids spectating you and Qrow sparring.

BOOM!

Qrow was sent flying into a tree, and laughed as he stood up.

Qrow: Not bad kid...

He then jumped out of the way of your next attack which demolished the tree as debris was sent everywhere.

Qrow: Are you trying to kill me!?

You stood next to the destroyed tree with your fist extended, showcasing your Gauntlets which you appropriately named "Heavy Metal".

You took notice of how the tree and even some terrain behind it was a broken mess.

Y/N: Oh uh......oops.

Qrow shook his head as he sped towards you with his sword.

Y/N: Ack!

You ducked under his attack and attempted to sweep his leg.

He easily dodged and hit you with the butt of his sword.

Y/N: Hey! I thought you weren't gonna use your sharp end!?

Qrow: Well you dodged it, so I don't see the problem.

You rushed him and slammed your fist to the ground which sent a shockwave knocking him off balance.

At the moment you thought you had him on the ropes and almost completely forgot he was a Huntsman with many years of experience.

So you rushed him yet again, and he swiftly ducked and kicked you squarely on the face.

You fell to the ground as he brought "Harbinger" down.

Y/N: Watch it!

You rolled out of the way and stood up to get on the offensive.

It was also at that moment you forgot about his semblance, Misfortune.

You took one step and you tripped.

Crap.

Qrow took advantage of this and swung his sword at you.

In a panic you brought your Gauntlets up to protect yourself as the impact sent you back.

Thankfully your Gauntlets act as good a shield as they do as weapons.

Instead of rushing you decided to try and go on the defensive. He shifted Harbinger into its scythe form as it slashed against your Gauntlets.

Each attack was blocked, and dodged and quite frankly, you were proud of yourself.

That was until Qrow changed his scythe into a shotgun.

I kinda forgot about that.

BANG!

The shell hit your Heavy Metal and the impact sent you back even further.

He closed the distance and went for a final blow.

You had the same idea.

BOOM!
BOOM!

In a instant both of you had thrown a punch straight into each others face, and went flying opposite directions. Face into the ground

Y/N & Qrow: Ow.