Chapter 8: City Patrol (part 1)

Start from the beginning

"This one feels a little softer", she says pointing at your clone. "But it's definitely no afterimage. It's solid. How'd you pull that off?"

Both you and your clone hold your stomach in pain, still not understanding how a little girl like her could be that strong.

"I-it's magic", you reply.

"M-magic?", Daisy says. "I thought you had fire magic."

"It appears I have two types of magic", you reply.

"Two types?", Daisy says. "Is that even possible?"

"I guess so", you reply.

"What would you even call that other magic, cloning magic?", she questions.

Both you and your clone ponder for a while, then say in sync, "Not a bad name!"

"Well anyways", Daisy says, "having a clone would be like a dream come true for a swordsmen. You could both have each other's backs. It removes the one weakness that nearly every swordsman suffers from!"

Daisy's eyes' begin to sparkle as she thinks of the many different things you could do.

"Aren't you getting too excited?", you ask.

"Any seasoned swordsman like myself would get excited", she replies. "You don't understand how beneficial that clone is. If trained well enough, you could practically be unstoppable."

Unstoppable? You liked the sound of that.

"Well then", you say. "How about a friendly spar?"

"Oho!", Daisy retorts. "Looks like someone is getting too full of themselves."

Daisy grabs three wooden swords, giving one to both you and your clone, and keeping one for herself.

"Whenever you're ready", Daisy says.

Today was the day you were going to beat Daisy. After only being her student for a couple days, it seems like the student will finally surpass the master.

You and your clone look at each other, then look back at Daisy with a smile. You already knew what your clone was thinking - this was gonna be a walk in a park.

Both you and your clone take a defensive stance and wait for Daisy to make the first move. Daisy raises an eyebrow to this, expecting you to attack head-on, now that you had your clone to back you.

"Looks like I gotta take this a little more seriously", Daisy says.

Daisy suddenly disappears from you and your clone's vision.

She then reappears in front of you and swings her sword into your side, sending you flying into the wall by the entrance.

Your clone instantly reacts to this by swinging his sword towards Daisy's face, scratching her with the tip of his sword. Daisy jumps back then rubs her face.

"Not bad", she says.

You recover from your injury and pair back up with your clone. This time, the two of you were going to attack.