Chapter 8: City Patrol (part 1)

Magsimula sa umpisa

"As you can see, each stance is unique in it's own way."

You find a piece of paper and a pen and begin noting down what she is saying.

"Now", she says, "There are many different default stances like the ones I showed. Most swordsmen use default stances as they are usually the most effective or easy to learn. However, a handful of swordsmen choose to adapt some of the stances, or even create one of their own to best suit their fighting style."

You continue noting the information you're hearing.

"You should also know that most swordsmen don't stick to only using one stance. The stance you use is entirely dependent on the length of both you and your opponent's blades, the number of blades both you and your opponent are wielding, the hand you're using your blade with, your surroundings, the body build of both you and your opponent, and the stance your opponent is using. In a fight, it's best to use a stance which counters that of your opponent's, so learning the default stances would be beneficial. Did you get all of that?"

You don't reply as you're busy writing. Daisy soon notices that you're writing and asks what you're doing.

"Oh", you say. "I was wri-".

Daisy snatches your paper away and rips it to bits.

"Writing it down won't help you at all", she says. "If you can't remember this then there's no point, and you should probably quit using a sword."

You watch in horror as your notes fall to the floor in bits. You weren't a total idiot, however, and did manage to remember most of what she was saying.

"Now as I was saying", Daisy says, "it is really important that you try to learn the default stances."

Daisy pauses for a while, then says, "I nearly forgot, but choosing one stance over another means that you would be severely lacking in either offence or defence. Having a partner in a fight would be extremely beneficial, as you would be able to make up for each other's weakness. One could use an offensive stance while the other uses a defensive stance."

You stand up, smiling.

"It's funny how you say that", you say.

"What do you mean?", Daisy replies.

"Aha", you say, "just watch and find out."

You begin weaving hand signs then say, "Shadow clone jutsu!"

*POOF*. Out of nowhere, white smoke engulfs the room, momentarily blinding Daisy.

The smoke begins to disappear, and Daisy begins to regain her vision.

"What was that!", she says, "now you've disturbed my le-".

Daisy's jaw drops as she sees 2 yous standing in front of her. She rubs her eyes then looks again, but nothing changes.

"H-h-how?", she says in astonishment and confusion. "W-w-what!? T-t-there's t-t-two of y-you. I thought you had f-fire magic."

Both you and your clone begin to laugh which only freaks Daisy out more.

She walks up to the two of you and punches you both in your gut.