I winced rubbing my leg as I arose. "How long of a ride is that." Regina smiled at me, "Oh don't worry you'll have a good week to adjust to being in the saddle again. I groaned and followed her away from the tunnel.

I questioned, "Why can't we winnow?" Regina glanced at me then, "Because Amarantha will sense me."

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ♞ ♝ ♜ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

Kana's POV:

I've been wearing my bone gauntlet everywhere. And I only took it over when the attacks got so bad not even it could help me. I noticed a few things as I wore it. 1: I was getting thinner. 2: it was because of the poison 3: It was also because the gauntlet took a lot of my energy. 4: I truly looked like I wouldn't live till thirty now.

I decided that instead of doing reports that didn't actually need signing. I would spend my day with the children. Perhaps it was a way to torcher myself. Hava stayed by my side even with my slow place. She murmured, "That gauntlet seems like a curse, Kana."

Rare, that she call me by my name. "I would rather live just a few years than not live at all, Hava." She nodded and said, "Nesta is worried."

"Of course she is Hava, I am her twin, and I am dying." I snapped at Hava and she verbally backed off. I sighed, "I'm sorry Hava, I didn't mean to snap at you."

Hava nodded, "Why are we going?"

I stared at my feet and saw the image of a little boy with my nose, eyes, and jawline. He had appeared to me in that form the first time and I had burst into tears. I knew even then that it was such a lie.

I didn't look Hava in the eyes, "I want children so bad, Hava." My voice was raw, I glanced at her and she noticed my tears then.

Hava seemed to remember who she was talking to then. I continued, "I've wanted children since I was a little girl. I can't adopt because when I die that child will just be thrown back into the system. If I dare to try it on my own then the poison would kill it before I could give birth."

Hava said nothing. No one was around when my tears hit the dirt. Hava glanced at me, "I never really thought about your poison that way."

"No one ever does." The truth was cold, like those nights in the rocking chair.

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵ ♞ ♝ ♜ ♛ ♜ ♝ ♞ ✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

Feyre's POV:

It had been a week, and we had just gotten to the middle of Autumn court. Avoiding those horrible guards was like trying to avoid germs. Almost impossible. On the third day we had to ditch our horses because some fae had been able to pick up the horses' scents.

Regina said she was taking us through Autumn Court because it would help prepare us for the Winter Court. In our bags we carried our armor that we had for winter, and many cloaks.

The dried food would run out after three weeks. Which meant we'd either have our spy and winnow home. Or we'd hunt on the way home. Pressed into the damp leaves we watched as a patrol unit passed through this sector.

We waited until they were out of ear shot. Then scurried up the trees, and used branches to swing from tree to tree. It was our fastest way of travel at the moment. Regina said, "Feyre, there is a good chance we are all gonna die."

"If I die because you're pissy about your mate not being here," I said back to her and dodged a branch. "I'll beat the shit out of you in hell!"

We both laughed and continued our way through the Autumn woods.