The Great Bonteri

Caleb gulped, nervous, albeit slightly contented to attain the intel at last. Though once again he was frightened, quivering in resonance with the incessant sounds of a chuffed laughter.

He'd had to double blink, remove the perspiring droplets, and enlighten the churn of his stomach. All the while coercing his lumbering legs to collaborate, gingerly marching indubitably closer into the dark, desolate chamber where Luminara awaited him.

"It'll be fine, Caleb. She's just a deviant version of a Jedi. Nothing to fear." He muttered to himself, then speaking out, "Master Unduli, I...I think maybe we – shouldn't do this yet? I mean we need to...eventually but I'm not so sure as to..."

"We've waited long enough, Padawan, I'm sure your training will be enough. Besides, we are short on time, the faster we get this done the faster we can be returned of our ally. My apprentice, your...friend."

Caleb was perplexed, "Why was she stammering? Oh no! Could she be aware of...", but was quickly interrupted by Luminara.

"We'll do this together." She informed, posing in tension.

"Now reach out your hand, and focus on her mind." Luminara started, with Caleb following, "Then tap into her fear, her anger, her hatred."

"Oh no." He thought, "I hate this part."

"Good." She applauded, "Do you feel it? The barricade upon the darkness?"

"Yes."

"We need to concentrate, and break it. Instil her to compliance. Make her, open the gate. But be aware, Padawan. Great perils lie ahead of us."

The Padawan was lost in focus. Frantic, but mischievously calm, in fact, the calmest he'd ever been since the 66th order. He mangled with her noxious brain, cumulatively nudging out the gory violence, gradually deteriorating the perpetual shield.

"No. NO!" Naraee squelched, admittedly torment-provoked by the two force users. Their lingering abilities internally felt by her mind, tangible presences infusing her brain.

"I'll never talk! You'll never get me to comply! Quit it!"

"Man is this woman vicious." Caleb spluttered.

"No jokes!" Luminara exhaled, undoubtedly serious. Her assiduous tone amended by an adamant and rigid stern.

Naraee's presence was corrupted, her confidence as though descending from an embankment, with nothing but her mere wit to amend to her strength. Though as time passed, the loopy hill rapidly curved, its integrity dragging her downwards. Closer and closer into a bleak, parched, marooned abyss where she was ambushed by malice. Adjoining cars engraving her within, as gargantuan road signs battered her incessantly. Lurching her into the insidious dread of forlorn threats, one teeming with horror, definite to embed an incandescent scar on her confidence.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Luminara began instantaneously, "Padawan, search her, see if she has it."

"No! You will never get it!" She retorted.

"And why is that?" Caleb teased.

Naraee bashed with precision, her solid temple breaking his nose as she somehow released herself from the armchair. Impulsively yanking the hefty metal clunk at Lux before speed booting Luminara's jaw. When she snuggled a blue duct from nowhere.

Then, Caleb was planning to relay a punch until she halted him in position.

"You stop, or I drop this."

"It's the antidote!" Lux retorted, "Give it to us!"

"Na ah. Not quite yet." She started, stepping ardently, "Here's what we're gonna do. I'm going to head to your grand shuttle, senator, give you the serum, and blast out of here."

"This ship's computer is down, and as soon as you're gone, you'll report back to Vader and come get us." Caleb addressed, a tensed glare inserted by his exceeding rage.

"Very good, my boy." She miffed, "But not good enough." Then abruptly flinging it onto the metallic ground, the floor a meter from absorbing the serum as Luminara, in her broken, agonised, dishevelled state, reached out with the force, lifting it towards her in a woozy stranglehold. Not before Naraee yet again, attempted to fracture the bottle of dazzling blue, when Lux vigorously dragged her into the steep leeway, entering the grand opposing shuttle before obnoxiously smashing the release command.

The two were promptly devoured by an accumulation of light and dark, but before dissipating completely, Caleb witnessed a sight of irony. Lux's body was on the frigid floor, when the shuttle inordinately erupted into fumes of red smoke against the obnoxious void of dark space. And at that very moment, they knew exactly what was to be done, what had to be for honouring who some would call 'The Great Bonteri'.

Just as a reminder, this is officially a Barriss-Caleb ship story. I know, I know, not a lot of likes at all. It's all right, these things have to be out there for the few people like me who have an interest. And don't worry if you don't like the story, there's already a good number of votes I've gotten. (well 4 actually)