┊✿🧸 XXXI〔promise〕

A/N: I rewrote some parts of this story, since it looked a bit rushed. Thanks for reading!
┊✿🧸 Prologue #2

﹌﹌Kaede's pov;
Apparently we have to kill eachother? But I just got here, and what did he mean by "I've done this before?" "And, why isn't Shuichi talking to me anymore, did I do something?...", my words came out of my mouth, as a mumble, luckily I haven't spoken loud enough. I covered my mouth and watched him closer, without being so. Kokichi....
Why do they seem so...close? Like, not normal close, really close. Maybe their friendship grew, yeah!
....Sure.

Well, either way...hm. what should I do now? Maybe hang out with Tsumugi, she's the only one who I didn't really spend time with.
I stepped closer to the tall figure with glasses, Miu on the side.

Sometimes I wonder why she's not so noticeable...I mean, she's really nice, even as an anime nerd, haha.
The cold floor caused my hair to pin it, my face chilling a slight. Come on, you can do this...It's not bad! Somehow, it was. My feet took a move, one....two....three...okay.
She looked a bit terrified, not enough to stay away though. I wave at her;
-Hey, Tsumugi! Long time no see?

-Oh, hi, Kaede. She smiled.
"Do you really think we're going to murder someone? I mean, it's kinda unfair....?"

"Yeah, I'm scared too. Luckily it won't start till next morning!"

"Hey, do you mind me hanging out with you, we haven't spent much lately.", I said, with a bright smile.

"With little ol' me?"

"Mhm--" i nodded my head and grabbed her hand.
Miu hopped in the conversation, grinning excitedly.
"Who what now?! I'm joining too!"
She can't mind her own business, br i guess that's fine. What's there to lose, my friend, that's all. I smiled at her.
"Miu..."--Tsumugi agreed.
"Sure I guess, why only now?"

"Sh-shut up, twat! Kaede, you're coming, right. Tsumugi followed us to her cosplayer lab, and we tried on some clothes, then rokeplayed for a bit, until she left.

"I'll be right back! She said and left by the entrance door."

Me and Miu were chatting meanwhile there was a big cabinet with more outfits to try on,  woah, those look nice!

I told Miu to wait, hse nodded. I got closer to it  then began picking up things. This dress looks really nice. Oh, what's that?
A hole was peeking behind the clothing rack.
"Oh, a creak?"
I tried  pressing on it and--AHHH!
. . .

My body swiftly fell on another side.
My head ached, really bad, I let out a slight groan.
I opened my eyes again and found a sci-fi like, room or something.
I let out a few screams, telling out for Iruma-san.
"Miu, Miu!"

... ,no response.
---
"Where am I?..." I stood back up slowly, retaining strength in my body. I saw a few laptops on a big, glas desk. Apparently curiosity killed the cat, but I've got nothing to lose, right? They were commands and coding on one of the screens, the other had a saving program.

"Danganronpa Savings | Castle
☁️ . . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ settings ࿐ྂ
--10 minutes ago, 5 survivors, 3 flashback lights
Save | Load "

"Load, oh this must be a video game!" My finger slowly hovered over the button until--"Kaede?!"

Someone yelled my voice, I turned my head and saw...Tsumugi? What is she doing here.
I--

"Oh, Tsumugi! What are you doing here; and what is this?"
She bit her nails, her eyebrows furrowed and sweat went across her face...maybe it was a secret? But about what? I repeated the question-she didn't answer again like her head was spinning?

"Hello?. . .Shirogane-san--"

"Mhm!-Yes, Kaede haha...Nothing." She mumbled some words, it wasn't clear. I stood there confused.
"Ah, how can we both get out of here?"

"...We're not getting out, yet."

"Huh?" She picked up a shot put ball and and slowly but steadily stepped closer to me, what is she trying to do-? "Tsumugi, w-what are you doing..." My legs went backwards even more.

Until, I couldn't.
I was stuck on the wall, her silhouette approaching me, a grin appeared on her lips as her glasses shone and dimmed in colour.

"I'm sorry, but no one can know this."
My legs were trembling, I put my arms in a protective position, hiding.
"What, know what?!"

"..Say goodbye a second time!" She changed the subject completely-but I couldn't die, not when we just started!
"Hey, think about this, won't you?!" My mouth let out-i have to get her to stop someway.

The Ultimate Cosplayer's arms go down, but still grappled the ball tightly.
"What."

"I-If you kill me now, the announcement will ring, heheh..."

"Not until at least 3 people saw a body. So?" Shirogane slightly lift her hand up, glaring at my bright eyes.

"I-I mean, this place is pretty easy to find, like, I literally came here on accident, you know."

"But if I let you go, you'll tell everyone-I know the way you think. So don't bother changing my mind."

"W-what...B-but! They're gonna figure it out at some point, that's the point of the game! And you'll die..."
She poked her mouth severally, thinking....Is she gonna let me go? I'm just praying at this point. My hands clasped into one another, and my voice softened.

"P-please let me go, I promise not to tell anyone! And if I do, I'll let you kill me." Yeah, a promise, at the beginning of a killing game, sure. I have no other choice, it's risk it or die!

"Promise...?"

"Y-yes, promise." Great, now this would ruin my reputation,  but I don't care, I can't die-no matter what. She backed up on me and smiled, back to normal.
"Promise it is!" Her hand shook mine. O-okay?

.
.
.
.
This one's a bit longer, nice! Thanks so much for reading my book! ^^