XXV

"Sidekick!!"

Kaito watches them lay down in a very tired state.
He started dragging his friend's arm away from Kokichi moreover that didn't release his hand.
"What are you doing?!, " he screams.

"Kaito...leave me alone."
"No way–who hurt you, why is there an arrow injected into your arm!?"

"I did it to m-myself."
"Why would you kill yourself, do you want to die, now that we've almost beat up the mastermind?!"

"The mastermind w-wants us to die...there's no point."
"What?!" Tears began forming in his eyes, he couldn't believe his friend could betray him like this. Not now.
We're all his motivational sayings for nothing? Did Kokichi brainwash him?! He kept asking himself that.

But he didn't want Shuichi to die, he's the last person that should!
Unless...it's his choice. You can't force someone to do what they don't wish for.

What, no...this is all Kokichi's doing, that b%st%rd!
"Kokichi–you...what have you done?!"
Shuichi stopped him mid-sentence
"Stop it!... Stop accusing Kokichi, he did n-nothing wrong. I'm useless, we can not escape. I tried to save you all but failed miserably. M-maybe thee only way to escape is by dying?"

"...why..."
"I'm sorry, Kaito. I can't keep surviving here like a moron. When the class trial starts, v-vote for some else. If you do, you'll all die in peace."
"Why?!"

"Trust me, okay! Do you want to live here, f-fine? Appoint us, then."
Kaito stood up washing off his tears.
I guess, yea.
This is stupid... He left the deceased Maki's lab.
In the dining hall,
Rantaro and the few remaining girls saw him come out in a sad state, asked him what was wrong.

—Hey man, what's wrong?
Rantaro finished his plate and dropped it on the counter.

—Ugh...Nothing.
Tenko insulted him but brushed it off. She was still sad about the multiple deaths of her comrades.
—Cut lying you...you degenerate.

—Uh oh~, Shuichi and Kokichi aren't here? Where could they possibly be~? Angie clapped her hands.
—They're...they're dying.

—What? And you didn't bother to help them?? Rantaro asked him.
—I couldn't! They were already infected, they...they said we shouldn't help them.

—Oh no~...The squad is slowly giving up, oh Atua, what have we gotten ourselves in?" The Polynesian girl lifts her arms.
"Please oh please, save us."
—Wait, so...who's the murderer?

—I don't know...Both of them killed each other. But Shuichi told us to vote for one else so that we could all die. He said that this game is a trap and to escape we have to.
Tsumugi's appearance changed in a swift, she got worried.

—W-wait, no! No remaining winner will beat this game? How we need at least 2 survivors to fit the game toe-end.
—I wouldn't mind, I'd love to see Atua. Angie contradicted her.
Tsumugi's glasses lighten up with black.

"What. Kaito, would you die for that little punk and gremlin. Why would you do that, all that progress, all that suffering, for nothing?"

"Ugh!— I know, I can't, I don't want to...but it's my sidekick, y'know? It's him...his choice."
Tsumugi lends him a small portion on his hand and smirks.

"Take this, spill that medicine in their mouths when they fall unconscious."
Kaito looked at it for a while then nodded. He came back to the same spot and saw them again, lying.
This time, both fell senseless to sleep.
He did what Tsumugi asked, a bit troublesome but probable. Some of its liquid spilt some parts.
This wasn't instructed however, Momota pulled off the crossbows injected on their skin he moved over to Kokichi, he thought...
Why should I help him?

No...Sidekick will be sad. I guess I have no other strategy.
.
.
.
.
.
.