Chapter 3

I wonder around the halls, my mind wondering. The nightmares, flashbacks, waking up in cold sweat, it's bothering me, and yet I can't say anything. It's hard enough watching Emily be pushed around and called crazy, and she's just lucky she doesn't have family here. I mean I had still gotten in trouble because I've spoken with her, but we have been doing it when no one is around, and I know Hannah or the boys won't tell anyone. And yet, my nerves have been shot and I can't sleep because of this stuff.

"Evelyn" I look behind me, Emily waves at me a little, I look around before I walk towards her, I bend down, "what's up?" She looks behind her then at me, "I found something" she takes my hand, pulling me inside a room, the room is lit up by a blue light, a sudden chill goes down my spine, "Where-" I pause, as my eyes widen, I cover my mouth, "crazy, right?" She looks at me, her head tilts "what's with the look?" I feel sick, I look around, the tubes each one has a crack, which makes me feel even more sick, because they weren't there before hand, "we shouldn't be here" I start to tug on her arm, "but this might have answers" I shake my head, "no, they don't have answers" I tug harder, "Evelyn, why are you freaking out?" I look around, "please Emily, I'll explain when we leave" I tug more, she looks behind her, then nods, she finally moves as I pulled her out.

"Okay, explain" Emily puts her hands on her hips, my hands start to shake, "I've been in there" Emily looks at me fully, "what?" I look at her, "I've been in there before, there is a creature in there, much bigger than the ones you saw, it is the one we get our blood from" I take a breath, "Emily, don't go back in there" I grab her arm pulling her, "why?" I keep walking, "I went in there the other night, Ethan had found it, he had figured out what they were, while looking, we found the one that has been changing me, I notice a name, I looked at the others to see if they had them, but they don't, when I looked back, It's eyes were open, slowly it opened itself, before throwing it's body at us, making the glass crack" I pause, stopping in my tracks, "cracks..." I whisper, "the tubes, they had cracks, they weren't there before hand" I look at Emily, I know she's confused, "we need to find Ethan" I pull her along.

"Ethan!" I call, he looks over "what's up?" I grab his arm pulling him away from the others, "the room we went into" he looks at Emily, then at myself "what about it?" "I just went in, the tubes, Ethan, they had cracks, each one of them" "what? Did you have another nightmare?" I shake my head "no! Emily pulled me in, she didn't know that I had been in there, the tubes have cracks, Ethan, they're trying to get out!" He puts his hands on my shoulders, "calm down, Evelyn" I look up at him, I'm starting to sweat again, my chest feels so tight, I feel like I'm going to be sick. "Evelyn, I need you to calm down" his tail wraps around mine, "are you listening?" I pant softly as he pulls me into a hug, "they can't get out, the leaders won't let them get out, we are fine" I slowly nod, my grip around him begin to loosen, "you are going to be alright" I hear footsteps, "are you alright?" I hear the soft voice of Camila, I look at her, worry printed on her features, "I'm okay, Cam" she hugs me the second I pulled away from Ethan, I play with her hair, Hannah and Leo share worried glances before looking at me.

I'm fine...I'm fine...I'm fine.

I wiggle a little, as another needle enters my flesh, a low hiss comes from me. My head starts to hurt, before I feel a hand touch it, "horns are starting to come through" I look up, the male looks at me before walking to the others to see what was written, sometimes I don't think they are human, they never show anything, their faces always blank.

"Cam?" I look around, "Camila!" I call, "here!" I smile as I start to run, I lift up some wood, "Cam" I pick her up, hugging her, "you're okay, yeah?" she nods a little, tears staining her dirty cheeks, "what happened? Where's mummy?" I look around, "I don't know" I walk, the sound of screams fills the air, Camila hides her face, "Evelyn!" I look over, a small boy comes running, holding another boy, "have you seen Hannah?" He stops in front of me, I shake my head, "I just woke up" the smaller boy looks at us, "where is mum?" Ethan looks at him, "your mum is okay" he smiles, "but where is she? I was just hugging her" Ethan bends down, cupping the boy's cheeks "Leo, I know your scared, but I'm here, and we'll find both our mums, but first we need to find Hannah" a sniff comes from the boy, before he gives us a small nod. Ethan smiles, before he takes my hand, we start to walk, "Hannah!" we call, but no reply, we see other children and young adults, some killed, some badly hurt or confused, "Eve" Camila whispers, "yeah?" I look at her, "I'm scared" I smile softly, "don't worry, it'll be okay" Leo looks at us, "that's right little lamb" Camila looks at him with a sniff, and he gives her a smile. We pause, the flames in front of us burning brighter, under it, was Hannah, her skin burnt, her clothing melting, Ethan runs towards her, leaving Leo with me, he picks her up gently, after burning his own hands, he runs towards us, placing her down, her leg was facing the wrong way, causing Camila to scream and Leo to gag. Hannah moves a little, a sigh comes from us, knowing she's alive, "alright!" a voice comes out of nowhere, we look over, men in white, "if your hurt go left, if your fine go right" Ethan runs up to them, telling them Hannah is alive but badly hurt, they come over and take her away, before we are shoved into a line, confusion was everywhere, we are taken into the ship. A woman smiles at us, "welcome!" She claps her hands, "I am Lady Victoria, you my lovely children are chosen to make humanity a greater good!" I look around, some aren't from our country, some come from the Asian countries, by how some talk their Russian or German, from that much, the whole world has lost some of its population. "Right this way!" The woman smiles, moving her hands, we start to walk, slowly one by one are pulled away, "Evelyn!" Camila screams, trying to grab me, "let go!" I yell, punching and kicking, "Evelyn!" Camila cries, I bite the arm of the male, making him let go of me, I grab Camila, pulling her into my arms, I grab the taser stick, pointing at the males "back off! Get away!" Ethan runs over, holding onto Leo, Camila cries into me, Ethan and Leo cling to us, the woman walks over, "oh my" she hums, "I found the perfect one" then black. I move a bit, sirens go off, red lights flash, Camila no longer in my arms, "danger" I look over, "danger, danger, danger". I move a bit, red lights flash, the speaker screams out danger, Camila hugs me tightly, "what's going on?" I look at her, "I don't know". We get up, Hannah was already gone, we rush out, blood covered the walls and floor, "what the-""Evelyn!" I look over, Ethan comes running, "what's going on?" He shrugs, "but we've been called" he takes my hand, pulling us along.

Screams fill the rooms, blood covers the floors, we make it into the control room. A man stands there, "group A" I look around, Leo and Hannah stand there, "and group B" I look over, 46, 50,34,65 and Emily, "sir, what is happening" the male pulls up a screen, I cover my mouth, as we are shown many getting limbs torn, guts thrown, heads being smashed in, Camila hides her face, "I'm sending you back to earth, the invaders are coming" I see everyone shift, before the sound of clicking fills my ears, I look up for some reason, the figure tilts it's head, I study quickly, 8 foot, glowing marks, shinny skin, strange jaw, the curled horns, I felt my heart sink, I open my mouth to say something, only for the tail to spring into action, it misses me, but the sound of a gasp makes me look, it wasn't aiming for me, but the leader, Camila screams, as blood is splatted everywhere, a hole sits in the male from hips up, his jaw is broken and hanging, he falls back, hitting the control board, "in the ships now!" 46 commands, we start to go to the ships, the clicking gets louder, I help Camila in, as I look over, Emily was helping her last crewmate, she looks at me and smiles before she jumps up, I nod before doing the same, only to stop half way, I feel hands wrap around my body, "Evelyn!" Camila screams, I'm pulled back, it's tail wraps around mine, "let go of her!" I pull against it, "their loud" I pause, before looking at it, the clicks no longer there, "don't you think?" It's eyes then meet mine, "I want them to shut up" I stare, my eyes wide, It spoke, It actually spoke, "Thank you, you gave me a reason to come out sooner" I blink, "what?" but before an answer was given, our tails were pulled apart, and I'm pulled away, It turns, 46 and Emily hold a taser stick, "Get out of here!" 46 snaps, Ethan pulls me back, but it cause the invader to bend it's back, before leaping, landing on top of the ship, Ethan closes the hatch, I watch, as the two girls try and remove it, before blood hits the glass, I cover my mouth, 46 is thrown into her ship, Emily on the other hand, her body hangs, the tail right throw her chest, her eyes wide as she looks at me, she smiles sweetly, I hear a click, the ship was lifting up, ready to go, I slam my hands on the glass, screaming, Emily head tilts a bit before she mouths 'thank you for giving me a friend' before her eyes dull over and her body is dropped, I start to bang on the glass, but I can't get out, as we are shot out, the black sky is what I'm greeted with, we see the other ship shoot out, but their hit making them go a different way. Earth just in sight, but I move away from the glass, curling up, Camila tries to comfort me, but I see no reason to move and smile at her.

What now?