Chapter 71: Forgiveness

Depuis le début

How did I use my quirk on him when I didn't even say it out loud? How- "What did you feel?" I breathed out. He grunted. "Someone biting my flesh from my neck." My eyes landed on his hand, still clutching the side of his neck. He raised his hand to look at it, expecting blood or something, but there was nothing. He went over besides another bed and looked into a tiny mirror. Inspecting his neck.

There was nothing.

But I didn't say it out loud... I was only thinking about biting him...

"Midoriya said he felt as if someone was ripping out his tongue and limbs." It felt like my heart stopped beating.

"What did Shinso feel?" That question was merely a whisper. I was too scared to know what he felt, but I need to know. "As if someone was digging their nails into his chest. Before it felt like as if they made a hole into his chest to pull out his heart." I took a seat on the bed that I woke up on, my hands going up to my face.

"The pain stopped before he could feel how that hand could pull out his heart." My heart thudded too loud for me that I merely catched what he said.

"It's time for you to tell me what your quirk is, Mavis. I already know that you can let someone feel pain, control water and someone's body, but I need to have a specific description and what your weak spots are." Aizawa's shoes came into my view as I was looking down, still processing what I nearly did. I nearly killed Shinso...

I flinched back when I felt Aizawa's hand suddenly on my shoulder. He retreated his hand back before hesitantly laying his hand on my shoulder again.

"Mavis," I shook my head. "I'm not telling you." Not anyone ever again. "I'll find a way to stop it from happening again, but you won't hear from me what my quirk is."

I shrugged off his hand and stood up, "And don't touch me ever again." and left the nurse office. Walking to the dormitories.

~

"Sato, could you give me the whisk?" I held my hand open for Sato to lay the whisk in my hand and closed it when I felt it. I bounded my eyes closed with a cloth when I went downstairs. The cloth and I will be close friends for a while, till I have better control over my quirk.

My water quirk helps me a bit, but I still can't see objects. Better said 'detect' it. It's really bothersome to not know your surroundings that good.

Moving my hand lowly to the right, I wanted to grip the almond milk. "Wait-" Something fell down because of me, making two of the eggs, that were laying on the counter, roll. Before they could meet the ground, Sato already was moving. He catches them and lays them back on the counter, this time farther away from the end.

Sato and I are baking some sweets. Actually, I wanted to have some chocolate muffins and because of today being Sato's weekly 'Sugar time', he wanted to help me and bake his sweets besides me. The others are downstairs, too. Talking and laughing over various things. I only couldn't sense Bakugo and Deku down here. "Good catch," I said, trying to take the almond milk again.

"When are they ready? I'm famished!" I felt Mina prying on the other end of the counter. "The cookies are nearly ready. Mavis only started with the muffins 5 minutes ago. So they would take some more time." With my condition more than he would have needed. But he helps me anyways.