Jungkook: Unintended Consequences

Mafia! Jungkook

Summary: The first time you really see how terrifying Jungkook can be.

Trigger warning: Violence, abuse, assault.

For months you'd noticed a hidden darkness in him. Tiny little moments that peaked out. It was the way he dealt with some people, a look he'd give, a sentence he'd say. An instant that would trigger a warning in your stomach and spike the hairs on your arms. Only for him to go right back to being your caring, playful, sweet bunny Jungkook. Making you feel crazy for ever suspecting anything.

That was until the first moment you were on the receiving end of that darkness.

You'd been sitting on the couch and his phone had fallen out of his pocket without either of you noticing. When he got up to go to the bathroom, it caught your attention as it started to vibrate next to you.

"Jeon Jungkook's phone." You answer, thinking nothing of the action. A ringing phone has to be answered, and it was an anonymous number, so he wouldn't have been able to call it back. And you weren't about to run through the house and bang on the toilet door for him to take the call.

"Where is Jeon Jungkook?" A rough older man snaps at you through the phone.

You can't help but roll your eyes at his rude manners, but stay polite. "Mr. Jeon is in the bathroom. Can I take a message or ask whose calling?" You answer keeping formal.

"You're kidding me?" He scoffs into the phone, getting louder. "You tell that brat if he wants to play games that's fine. I-"

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Jungkooks voice bellows from the theatre room doorway. It makes you jump. You hold the phone out in shock.

"Phone." Is all you can think to say with him staring at you so fiercely.

He snatches the phone from you. Sticking it to his ear. "Yes?" He growls, flashing you a cold look before storming out of the room, slamming the door so aggressively that the wall shudders.

You sit blankly watching the TV, chewing your thumbnail. You feel so bad for upsetting Jungkook. But honestly, you answered the phone nicely, so you can't make sense of why either of them reacted the way they did.

After nearly 30 minutes the door opens again. Jungkook comes through, a hard intense look in his eyes.

"Kookie," You grimace, "I hope everything's okay." Not sure how, or what to apologize for. Because you're not sure what you did wrong.

He closes the door behind him but stays standing stiffly in front of it. "How dare you touch my phone." He snarls. The hostility he uses catches you off guard and makes you instantly defensive.

"What?" You snap back, scoffing. "You don't need to be a dick. I was just taking a message for you because you left it on the couch."

"What makes you think you had the right to do that?"

"Are you kidding me?" You roll your eyes getting off the couch. "Whatever, I don't need to deal with this shit." You walk to the door, pushing on his side to get past him.

He grabs your shoulders and throws you forcefully back, making you crash onto the floor and into the side of the couch. "I didn't say you could leave. I'm still talking to you." He snaps.

"Are you crazy?! What the fuck is wrong with you?!" You yell up at him, gasping, your heart already beating rapidly.

He storms at you, hovering over your floored body. "Raise your voice at me again, and see what happens." The chill in his voice sends a shiver down your spine. Making your panic rise.

"Get away from me Jungkook." You demand through a clenched jaw. From your low, poorly positioned place on the floor, trapped between an enraged Jungkook and the couch, you feel so threatened and cornered. Pushing yourself further into the sofa you try to sit more upright and get even a little further from him. Your left hand up, ready to protect yourself from him.

He snatches up your wrist and draws you up on the seat roughly. Leaning over you, he tightens his grip. Hoping to shock him into letting you go so you can run, you reach your free hand up and swat his cheek with your palm. It hardly knocks him. But the small action infuriates him. He shoves your arm into your chest pushing you back onto the couch. His other hand wraps around and digs into your throat with a roar.

You begin to flail frantically. Smacking your free arm up into his shoulder, arm, chest, anywhere you can hit. He lifts and tosses you to the floor. You spring up to defend yourself but are cut short with a massive slap to the face. Knocked flat to the carpet. His huge boot swings punting you in the stomach and ribs, not once but twice. Tearing the breath from you. Making you cough and wheeze, gasping for breath with tears freely pouring down your face.

His foot taps your shoulder, knocking you over onto your back. A cruel smile on his face, looking pleased with how unravelled he has left you. You struggle and gulp for several minutes, spitting out blood. He sits down on the couch, crossing his ankle over his leg, rolling and stretching his neck. Watching you with an unfocused, unblinking stare.

You roll back, scooting and shuffling yourself until you can lean and sit against the wall. You're hurting so bad. Still not able to inhale fully.

"Come sit." He orders sternly but having regained an image of composure. You can only shake your head. There is no fucking way you're going near him ever again.

You look to the door. You're too injured, you're not sure you could make it up and out before Jungkook could catch you. "Don't even think about it." He warns reading your thoughts.

"I want to go home." You groan, sniffing.

"No."

"What do you mean no?! You can't keep me here!" You snap.

"You think so?" He stands up, walking over to you making you cringe back, wrapping your knees to your chest. As he reaches you, he squats down. "You think you'll be able to leave if I break your legs." It's not just his tone and words that are threatening but the coldness in his eyes. "I didn't think so." He scoffs. "So come sit, and let's move on with our night before you actually make me mad."