Chapter Fourteen

It had been a long week and a half for Tommy. He'd spent all of his time after class in detention, except on weekends. It was tiring. But he was finally on his last day of detention. The first couple of days he was shovelling stalls for Mr Steed with Sapnap. Sadly, though, the science teacher claimed that she needed help with her greenhouse, and so Mr Steed said that she could run the detentions.

That was hell for Tommy.

She made them stay for the exact time and they had to weed and paint and find every last fucking snail to give to the birds.

Tommy tried to get everything done as fast as possible. That way, he could spend his detention elsewhere and not with her.

Sapnap had other ideas. He thought it would be a good idea to spend his time arguing with the teacher, and not doing much of anything else, making Tommy do all the work.

After a long few days, Tommy had decided that he would rather sit in the library for his detention instead of listening to Sapnap bicker and doing tedious work.

Of course, Tommy didn't decide to spend detention with the librarian until the last day of his detention. Idiot. Tommy was pretty sure that Sapnap still had a week more and would be ending his right before break started. Tommy was sure that Sapnap would earn himself some more detention for after break between now and the start of the holiday.

By the end of that week and a half, Tommy had decided two things. One, he did not like Sapnap, and two, he would spend no more time in detention.

Tommy was sitting in the library, trying to figure out how to reprimand a few of his teachers. He was mostly doing it for the fun of it, but he was genuinely annoyed at his maths teacher. So, he started a search through old law books to figure out how to reprimand someone as a thirteen-year-old.

At a later date, Tommy would realise how ridiculous he was being, trying to get professors in trouble, but right then, right at that exact moment, he was more concerned about getting people in trouble. Like a tattle tail.

And so far, the school library had nothing.

Tommy thought about going to the Dream SMP library, the one in a secret room, but he couldn't do that right then, since he was technically still in detention.

Tommy decided he had finished with the law books, and he settled on studying for a maths test that had yet to be assigned.

That little book had caused Tommy a lot of trouble, and he hoped it was worth it. After the Dream SMP had copied down everything from the calendar, they said that Tommy and Tubbo had to give it back.

When Tommy and Tubbo went back to the maths professor, they were supposed to say that they had found it next to some kid's door, framing them. Tommy was fairly sure that their name was Maple.

I don't think the club cared too much about who they framed, as long as they weren't in the club. That resulted in little reasoning and a vote.

Wilbur, his roommate and a couple of other girls were against framing Maple, so they voted. It turns out; you need a higher ratio than four to twenty something for the minority to win.

It's now written in stone that they found a little calendar belonging to the maths teacher on the floor next to Maple's desk.

When Tommy and Tubbo had brought the calendar back to the professor, she ripped the little calendar out of Tubbo's hand. Dr O'Connell flipped through it, then demanded to know where they found it.

After several minutes of the boys explaining their very fake story, she seemed to have bought it and she let them go. They then scurried away before she changed her mind on them.