Chapter Nine

Techno had been at Darwin Boarding School for exactly two weeks. Two weeks ago today he had left home and said 'see ya later' to Phil, his dad, and it had been two weeks since he had spent an extended period of time with his brothers.

The entire time he had been at Darwin, he had been documenting it. The ups, the downs, mainly the downs, the weirdos and his very odd, but mostly interesting, teachers.

And on that topic, he had the weirdest of weird roommates. There seemed to be an incredibly secretive group among the other students, but Sapnap and George chose to ignore it completely. And then Techno had to too, because none of them trusted him. Instead, Techno was more or less stuck with the group that George and Sapnap had put together with a previous student. It was called the Dream Team, after the other student who started it with them, Dream.

Dream also seemed to be a part of the other group, making him all the stranger to Techno. Not that it mattered, is what Techno kept telling himself. He didn't really mind the teasing from the other students for hanging out with Sapnap and George. He didn't really want to join the secret group. The one with access to secret halls and passageways, the group who he was sure his brothers would be joining. Didn't bother him at all.

Despite all this, however, George and Sapnap really liked Techno, and tried to make him feel at home. And while Techno appreciated it, he wished that he could join the other group. Or that they had a work ethic.

It was almost pathetic, how little George and Sapnap could get done in a class. They were almost exclusively interested in goofing off, which isn't great for group projects, as Techno found after he did one mostly on his own.

And while Techno thought unhappily about his life here, the English teacher ranted about the next essay they had to write. They had to choose an interesting event from the 19th century, and write an eight page essay on this.

Luckily for Techno, he excelled at English and history, and he thought that he might be able to get away with rewriting a paper that he already wrote. Because for some reason, that fool brought a folder with all of his history work from the past year. So it shouldn't be too hard for him to rewrite one of his papers to fit the requirements.

During that class period, Techno did nothing. He had decided to rewrite one of his papers, so he needed to go to his room to get one to do that. Now,he was just going to waste time during that class. While he was wasting his time, he was next to George and Sapnap who were wasting theirs.

"I'm going to have to find something to back this up..." grumbled Sapnap. He was unimpressed with the assignment, and did not want to write anything.

Sapnap chose to write about the history of orange trees on some Atlantic island, and was unhappy about having to find sources. Techno was surprised that he chose that topic when there was so little on it and he had no work ethic.

"Hey George, what do you think about this one?" Sapnap asked about an article he found.

"NO! That has nothing to do with oranges!?! That's just some random article about pick up lines! Ms. Book is going to read that!"

"And? She could use some help. How old is she? Early forties and no dating life...." answered Sapnap. George smiled mischievously, because he saw what Sapnap didn't. Their teacher had walked up right behind him.

"Excuse me? What's that supposed to mean?" Ms. Book said, understandably irritated.

"Ms. Book!" Sapnap yelped as he spun around and stood up to face her. "I-I-I-"

"You have detention this afternoon after classes. You've had enough detentions from me to know who to see about this." -then she stormed off to her desk and grabbed a sticky note to write something down. If there was a door, she probably would have slammed it.