Chapter Five

"Good. Now, your roommates should arrive shortly," Evelyn said. Tommy thought she was a little odd. She dressed young, but acted so old and posh and perfect. From her accent to lack of contractions when she spoke, everything about her signaled to Tommy that he should watch himself around her. Tommy didn't think that she would like him if he talked too much.

While Tommy was staring at Evelyn a group of boys had appeared in front of him and his brothers. They all looked very cheerful, and one of them looked about his age. Tommy guessed that that boy was his roommate. Evelyn said something, he wasn't sure what though.

She kept on talking, this time with Tommy paying attention. "Wilbur, this is Fundy in the orange. Tommy, this is Tubbo! He has the yellow, and I do think you will get along nicely." Tommy smiled, he was right. The very cheerful boy was his roommate. "Lastly, George, this is your new roommate, Techno. Have a nice time boys." Then she left, very abruptly, and walked back to her desk to do something.

Tommy was shocked how she just left them like that, but he wasn't too worried. He quickly walked up to his new roommate, so that he could get away from the lady. "So you're Tubbo?" he asked quietly. He was worried about being too loud.

"Yeah! Tommy yeah?" the boy asked. Tommy thought about what to say past 'yes.' He knew that first impressions were super important, Phil had gotten that through to him during all the visits that people had paid over the years.

"Yeah, ummm..." he tried to think of something else to say, but Tubbo thought of something before he could.

"What's your favourite color, place and ice cream flavour?" He asked, naming them while pointing at his fingers.

"I guess I like red, mint chocolate chip ice cream and... my favourite place is home. You?"

"I like bees, I've always wanted to go to Paris, and vanilla is good enough."

"Wait, bees aren't a colour," Tommy asked the boy, both confused and amused at his odd answer.

"Oh, yeah. I guess not. I like yellow then, but bees are better."

"Bees, the animal, are better than yellow, the color. They are two totally different colors!" Tommy exclaimed, having gotten more comfortable with Tubbo. Tubbo just sighed.

By this point in their conversation both Techno and Wilbur had left for their dorms, and it was only Tubbo and Tommy left in the entryway. With the lull in the conversation, they both noticed too.

"Why don't we go to our room?" Tubbo asked. Tommy was grateful that he had offered, and quickly agreed.

"Off we go then!" exclaimed Tubbo. He took off up the stairs, and Tommy followed him.

They were walking fairly quickly, but it still took a few minutes to get to their room. Especially with all of the stairs. There were so many stairs in the castle.

When they finally got to the right floor and hallway, Tubbo pointed to a room a few doors down and across the hall from where they were standing. "That's a storage room there," he said.

They walked into the dorm, with Tubbo still talking about the storage room. "The storage room has so many things in it. It's the best for pranking people, there's a lot of unused space so you can hide really big things there, and it's easier to play off. Like once, I dumped a bucket of paint on an annoying kid. A teacher saw me, but I said that a janitor asked me to get him some paint. But don't let any of the janitors see you there, they don't like it when I go in there. Actually, I wonder why that teacher never asked the janitor if I was allowed in the closet... Anyway, stay out of there, unless you have a really good excuse."

Tommy nodded along as Tubbo talked, and looked around his new room. It was small and had only a bunk bed, the top a disaster and the bottom very neat. Tommy guessed that he was going to have the bottom, and Tubbo had the top.

"The top bunk is mine, it's a little messy. You have the bottom bunk though, and I've kept it clear of stuff."

"Uh, okay." Tommy was disappointed in his luck, he had hoped that if there were bunk beds he'd get the top one. Now, he had to figure out how to get it from Tubbo. It was either going to be through trickery or bribery, leaning towards trickery since that's always funnier.

Tommy sat down on his bed, and that slight movement caused a sunny yellow shirt to fall onto his head from Tubbo's bed. Unfortunately for Tubbo, they weren't under the watchful gaze of the headmaster so Tommy was going to shout at some point or another. That point was now.

"DUDE SERIOUSLY!?! CLEAN UP YOUR FUCKING ROOM!" he shouted through the shirt, startling poor Tubbo, who was right next to him and about to take his shirt off Tommy's face.

Tubbo jumped back with a yelp, before starting to apologize with the shirt still on Tommy's face, "Sorry! Sorry! I didn't think that it was that precarious! I'm sorry!"

Tommy crossed his arms, like a pouty little kid, with the shirt still covering his face. Tubbo carefully pulled it off his head to see that Tommy was smirking at Tubbo.

Tubbo sighed and glared at Tommy. He didn't think that Tommy was all that funny.

Then Tubbo smiled, "I thought you wanted a tour of the castle, but I guess not."

"Wait! No, I did want a tour, please? Come on Tubbo! It's not actually that bad, I sorta feel bad that you don't agree with my very logical actions! Please give me a tour! I'll be nice from now on!" Tommy pleaded.

"Fine." Tubbo grumbled, since he understood that Tommy was only poking fun at him, and didn't mean to scare him.

Tubbo gave Tommy an incredibly similar tour as Fundy did for Wilbur, going to the cafeteria, and after they finished eating Tubbo took Tommy around to all of their classes. They missed Wilbur by a margin of around fifteen minutes, but they saw Techno while they were outside. He was a ways off, under a willow tree sitting with another boy. Techno seemed to be doing well, which was good.

Tommy was really excited for his little adventure at school, he wanted to join clubs, make friends, maybe do well in classes if he had the time and overall just have fun.

Word count: 1085

A/N: Consider voting if you enjoyed :)