Chapter Twelve

It turned out that Tubbo was not, in fact, an axe murderer.

After he closed the painting-door behind him, the hall went pitch dark, before Tubbo pulled out a small torch from his blazer pocket. He flicked it on, the small light illuminating the hall.

The hall was shorter than Tommy thought it was, but now that the little lit the passageway, he could see that it was only about seven meters long.

They had reached the door at the end, and Tubbo pushed it open. Unlike the first door, this one was loud. Really loud. It had made an awful screeching sound as it opened, which then caused the people inside the room to look up.

Tommy remembered that the room had been large, with the people in it cleaning. One was a guy around Techno's age. He had short blonde hair with grey-ish blue eyes, while the other person was far more feminine and looked to be around a year older than Tommy. They had small almond-shaped eyes with a round face and long silky black hair that fell to their waist.

As elegant as the room was, it was a little dusty in places, which was probably why the people who were already there were cleaning it. The room looked similar to the building's entryway, the only difference being how lived-in the secret room looked. In contrast, the entryway looked like it was brand new, and like nobody had touched it.

There were some things in the entryway that still had the original plastic coverings on them, Like in the little waiting area between the staircases on the lamps.

That was a big difference, and also the fact that the secret room had no windows, and the only way out was through a door hidden behind a painting.

"Hey Tubbo!" The blonde said. Tommy was a little surprised, as Tubbo had said nothing about there being other people.

"Hey Matthieu! Ashley! This is Tommy. You know what we got our hands on?" Tubbo asked, but he didn't wait for a response before he continued speaking, "We have every single math test for the rest of the year. I'm not joking." Tubbo added when they looked at him. Tommy pulled the calendar out of his book bag and handed it to the closer person. He was the blonde one, who he assumed was Matthieu, and he flipped through it.

"Anyway, we have to go to class soon. We have science and you know how she is with late students. We also found a notebook with all the passageways in it, so we thought we could use that to cause mischief." Tubbo said, making Tommy wonder if they were some sort of club.

Tommy recalled that when he had handed the notebook to the other person, they flipped through it, and they looked very shocked.

"I'll call everyone down for a meeting tonight." The person who Tommy assumed was Matthieu said.

"Awesome! Thanks, Matthieu." And just like that, they had finished. They left the room, going through a different door from a minute ago, when they had entered.

Tommy didn't remember what had happened during the rest of the day. It was all a blur. He was too preoccupied thinking about the 'meeting' tonight. He was excited about it, and curious about who else was a part of that.

Finally, after a long day of waiting, the time came for Tommy to meet the rest of the club, and he was sitting on the floor of his dorm, with Tubbo lecturing him about how he should behave. It had chalked up to being polite and being yourself. Because those those two requirements worked in Tommy's favour.

After a solid five minute rant, Tubbo left the dorm.

Tommy got up and sat on his bed. Waiting. And then he went to sit on the floor again. Waiting. After a few minutes of this, Tommy was bored.

He remembered then how much he had wanted the top bunk. And how much he disliked the alarm clock. So, like he would've done at home, he started messing with things. First, he moved all of his stuff to the top bunk and Tubbo's to the bottom, claiming the top as his own. He even made a little flag for it and tapped the paper on the rail.