Epilogue

Harry POV: 

From beside me the sound of sniffling woke me up. I turned onto my side to see that Draco was crying and muttering in his sleep.

"Hey love, wake up." I wiped the tears off his cheeks as he stirred a bit. It took a few seconds before he fully opened his eyes. He leaned into my hand and strands of his blond hair got stuck on his wet face. When he too realized what had happened he began to turn his back towards me in an attempt to hide the tears. 

"Was it that same nightmare again?" I asked as I tried to roll him over so that I could see him. Draco nodded. 

"It was so painful thinking that you had died. I know I have said this.... but it was like losing a part of myself and-well it haunts me." Draco inhales deeply and then gives a sigh.

"I'm sorry," I told him and Draco gave a small smile. "I know love, I know."

We lay there in silence for the next few minutes before the door burst open. A young girl with black hair bounded into the room and jumped on top of the knocking the wind out of Draco and me. "Come. On. Wake. UP." She said bouncing up and down at each word. 

"We are going to be late for the signing thingy." The young girl pouted and I sat up in bed to take her in my arms. She came under the blankets and snuggled in between the two of us. 

"Did you wake up your brother?" Draco asked and groaned as he sat up as well. 

"No, he's still asleep. I didn't want to pour water on him since the last time I did that papa got mad." I gave a chuckle at her words. 

"Alright Lils, tell you what. I'm going down to make a pot of coffee for me and Papa while you and Papa go wake up Scorp." Lily nodded enthusiastically and crawled off the bed before running out of the room. Draco gave me a glare before he dragged himself out of bed. He looked about ready to collapse. I did not care, however, because I was in good spirits. 

During the coffee making I did something which was quite uncharacteristic of me; humming. Normally Draco was the one to hum a tune while doing chores but this time it was me. I heard the pounding of footsteps down the stairs. The alternating methodic rhymth that was Draco's steps and the chaotic clutter that was Lily's. They both emerged from the staircase with Scorpius in Draco's arms. 

Draco lowered Scorpius to the ground. Lily immediately took charge of the younger sibling led him away to some toys on the floor. I passed my husband the steaming cup of black coffee. Then I passed him the creamer and sugar. Draco could not stand black coffee alone. He always said it was "much too bitter" and "outright dreadful". 

"Today's the day." I commented, taking a sip of my own coffee before placing it back onto the saucer. Draco nodded and put down his cup of coffee as well. 

"It almost feels unreal. Lils and Scorp have only been living with us for a year and..." Draco trailed off and smiled. His eye spaced out as if he was resisting past memories. 

"I know what you mean." I said and I glanced at the muggle clock hanging on our kitchen wall. The time read 9:48. "We need to be there by ten." Draco looked at the clock as well. 

Draco wiped the corners of his mouth and stood up. "Well best get ready then. I would want to make a good impression."

"You have already met Mr. Buckthorn though." I teased, knowing very well how Draco always wanted to look his best no matter what the situation was. 

"Fourth impressions are also important." He snapped and trudged up the stairs. He came down a few minutes later wearing a well tailored blue suit with silver cufflinks. 

We gathered Lily and Scorpius and then apparted to the ministry children's division. The four of us walked down a long corridor lined with colorful drawings. All drawn with big crayons. Draco knocked on Mr. Buckthorns office. A deep voice called us inside. There was a seat there for all of us and the children sat on chairs far too tall for them. This had me slightly worried. 

Mr. Buckthorn slid a pile of papers across his dark oak desk and told Draco and I to sign the following papers. He pointed to the lines of the bottom of each page where our signatures were supposed to go. Draco and I alternated turns writing our signatures. Draco's of course being a lot nicer and more legible than mine. 

Once we finished Mr. Buckthorn signed his name as well and we were free to go. As we left the office Lily was crying. Without even noticing I realized that I was too. And so was Draco. And Scorpius. 

When we apparted back into our home, streamers were shot straight at us. There was cheering and many congratulations. In the room I saw Ron, Hermione, Blaise, Neville, Pansy, Theo, Ginny all clapping happily. Molly and Narcissa came out of the kitchen with a big cake. 

"Come here my grandchildren," Narcissa said opening her arms wide for Lily and Scorpius  to run into them. These two wonderful children were now ours and I could not be more happy. We finally had a family.