~Potential Possibilities~

Harry POV:

I stared at my best friend, my mouth hung open in shock completely appalled by what he had just suggested.

"I-uh-um of course not Ron. Don't-um be preposterous." In an attempt to seem more convincing I waved my arms around in all directions. Looking only slightly mad.

"Alright, alright, it was only a thought," Ron grumbled his voice monotonous as he raised his arms in defeat.

Somehow we then started to get on talking about quidditch. Ron was completely animated, mimicking all of the different plays he wanted to try out and imitating his favorite quidditch player. I laughed as his hair flopped down into his face covering his eyes and made him look slightly creepy.

Soon enough after he had tired himself out a bit he retired on the bed next to me again. "Harry, have you thought about making a list?" Ron asked out of the blue, the question dropping off the tip of his tongue in a casual way. He reclined in his bed, laying down looking up at me with his hands behind his head.

"What on earth are you going on about now?" I questioned moving to the other side of the bed for more room.

Ron gawked at me as if he was completely astonished by my stupidity."Your soulmate? We need to make a list of potential possibilities,"

"Well, how on earth was I supposed to know that?" I exclaimed exasperatedly, failing my hands in the air for a flair of drama.

Ron exhaled in a weird wheezing way. "How many things would you possibly want to make a list of?"

For the next minute, I sat mulling over my options with my hand placed intelligently on my chin, to make it look like I was deep in thought. "Weeeeeell, homework assignments that I will and won't dooooo, and maybe also a list of my favorite teachers. Snape being at the bottom of course."

Ron never gave me these sorts of looks before. It always used to be Hermione giving them to both of us. The classic are-you-serious-right-now-I-can't-believe-you-are-that-stupid look. I always make sure to remark that I am not Sirius because that is my Godfathers name. She is never impressed.

Ron was giving me that look now. Since when had the tables turned like this? When had it all changed?

These were the questions running through my mind as Ron returned to the conversation with a "Don't be stupid Harry."

I feel like I have been getting that a lot in the past two days.

"Alright, lay off." I said teasingly and Ron being absolutely done with me rolled his eyes. It could not go into his head far enough and it almost looked like they got stuck there for a second.

"Now if we are going to do this we need Hermione's help," Ron said and I gave a weak nod.

"Of course you do," said a high-pitched voice booming from behind us. The mirror of Hermione's presence.

Ron and I both shrieked and fell backwards. There was a loud thud as I collided with the floor. Pain shot up through my lower back. I let out another involuntarily yelp.

"Oh my god! Harry are you alright," Hermione's cried as she rushed over to where I had fallen. At the same time I was picking myself up by clawing my way from the floor.

"Just peachy actually," my voice dropping in sarcasm but both my friends ignored me as they started discussing.

From of her red and gold Gryffindor i stories patterned backpack she pulled out a fresh piece of parchment. The aroma of fresh paper and new ink flooded the room, overwhelming my senses. I stole glance at the parchment and saw the decorated writing of something that looked suspiciously like names.

"As you can see here, I have already started compiling some names for the list." Hermione pushes the parchment paper in me and Ron's general direction so we could get a better view of it.

That's when I saw a name that made my heart drop to my stomach, not just from shock but also disgust.
"What is Malfoy's name doing there?!" I exclaimed pointing to the exact spot I had seen the abomination written.

"You can't rule out possibilities Harry," Hermione reminded him in an annoying sing-song voice.

After my outburst Hermione explained to us the plan. Which went something along these lines. All of us will follow a couple of people on the list to see if there was anything that could indicate them being my soulmate.

"Why do I have to follow the Slytherins?!" I grumbled annoyed that they left the worst job to me.

"You possess the best resources to follow them Harry-"

"And why can't you guys just borrow them?" I knew I had stumped them when Hermione and Ron looked at each other with a look at almost made it seem they were searching for something.

"You are the only one that can get close to Malfoy-"

"Who said I wanted to be close to Malfoy!"

"Well then you could get close to Parkinson which is also on this list. Harry we are just doing this to help you."

I stared at the both of them and I knew it was true. I guess I would be spending my free time following Parkinson.

That sounds just bloody great.