~Some extra storage~

Harry POV: 10 minutes earlier

Ron backed away from his mom hesitantly but did as she said nonetheless. Hermione narrowed her eyes, before reluctantly returning her gaze to her novel. She did not harbor one glance towards us, as a new game started. Ron and I began arranging all of the pieces. He looked up at me about to say something when he fell short. 

"Um, Harry you're bleeding mate." I peer up at him in surprise, he points to the side of my face where I could feel something warm trickling down my face. Hermione tore herself away from her book. 

"Harry it's coming from the top of your head!" She got off the couch in a hurry, to fall at my side. Hermione tilted my head to the right so she could get a better view of the wound. "Here let me heal it." 

Just as she was about to put her wand to the side of my head, I heard an audible gasp come from her mouth. "It just disappeared! Someone must have already healed it." Hermione released my head from her tight hold and retreated backward. Throughout all of this Ron had been uncharacteristically quiet. 

"Do you think it could have been your soul mate that got hurt?" Ron blurted out and then proceeded to defend himself. "-I mean you didn't do anything to get beaten like that." 

Rons face then clouded over. "Or did you?" 

"Ronald, he was here the entire time. If something happened we would have noticed." Hermione rolled her eyes. "Well, I hope your soul mate is alright. Merlin, it looked like quite a bad wound." 

I hope so too. 

My mind travels back to being at Hogwarts and how much pain I put Draco through just by ignoring him. For Salazar's sake, he didn't even do anything wrong.

AT HOGWARTS AFTER DUMBLEDORES ESCAPE

After the fiasco in Dumbledore's office, all of the ministry officials were in too much of a panic to notice anything that I did. So the first thing I did with the freedom was to go back to the dorm for a warm shower and lots of sleep. 

I made my way down the corridor feeling absolutely drowsy. I was only surviving on a mixture of anger, sadness, and weirdly enough some sense of twisted happiness. I did not bother to find out what happened to Draco.  I knew he got out of there. I saw that much. He looked at me strangely, in a way that I couldn't quite decipher. At the moment I could barely look at him at all, any feelings I had for him only made things worse. 

When I entered my dorm Ron, Seamus, Dean, and Neville were waiting for me. They probably noticed my tiredness and decided to leave me alone. I walked right through the room without stopping and entered the bathroom. 

After I closed the door I visibly exhaled and all of my emotions started peeking through. I unbutton my shirt as threw it to the side. Off of the drying wrack, I grabbed my towel and wiped all the sweat off my face. 

Some black substance had made it onto my towel which I quickly noticed. Looking back at my shirt I saw a mixture of black and red painted on the sleeve. When I reached down to get a closer look, I spotted the writing on my left arm. 

My heart jumped into my throat. I never wrote those words. So that meant... Draco. 

I choked on revelation, my eyes trapped shut as an overwhelming sense of guilt trampled over me like herds animals giving my heart no break. 

He tried to warn me. The look on Draco's face when I ignored him. The guilt in his voice outside the Room of Requirement. His out-of-the-ordinary pale face, that had a hint of green. Lastly and the most painful, the confusion when I didn't even wait for him. 

------------------

Draco has been hurt and I don't even know what happened to him. The game of chess in front of me left completely disregarded. Ron looked puzzled as to how to deal with me at this moment. Hermione leaned down to whisper something in his ear. Ron cleared his throat. 

"So. Um-Harry how about some quidditch to get your mind off things. Yeah?" Ron asked hopefully and Hermione nodded approvingly. 

"Hmm, yeah. Alright." From where I was sat, I rose myself up. I went over to the stairs and started to go up to the spare room. Nobody ever went in there most of the time it was used for storage of random items. Or in this case broomsticks. The Weasleys didn't have the best broomsticks and whenever I played Quiddich with Ron I used the same kind of broom as him to make things fair. 

"Oi! Harry! Where are you going, mate?" Ron yelled from down the stairs, probably near the bottom but it was hard to be sure.  There were some other voices in the background that I couldn't make out. 

Before I could answer he called again. "Harry?!" 

With some annoyance, I shouted back down "Now just a second Ron I need to get a broom!"

Just then I opened the door to the storage room only to see Molly Weasley on the floor talking to Draco Malfoy in a make-shift bed. I froze where I was, staring between the both of them absolutely shell-shocked. 

Quickly I shut the door behind me so that nobody could see what was happening in the room. I crouched beside Molly and stared at my soul mate. "What is Draco doing here? He isn't supposed to be here for another week!" 

That's when all of the pieces clicked together in my head. Like a perfectly orchestrated puzzle. "That was you. In the floo. You and your mother." I spoke softly in the most caring and demanding way I could both at the same time.  I fell to my knees in front of him and stroked his blonde hair. 

Draco looked terrible. His shirt was removed and was instead replaced by layers of white bandages across his chest. His face looked ghastly and sickly. Despite all of that he gave me a smile. "You're talking to me." That was all he said but it was infinitely enough to make me feel guilty for a lifetime. 

"Draco, I'm so sorry. So, so sorry." I clasped his hand in mine. Mrs. Weasley gave a cough from beside me which reminded us both that she was still here. 

"Now I don't mean to disrupt the moment but I'm sure Ron is waiting for you, Harry." She said in a factual tone. 

"I don't care. I want to be with Draco-" I started but got interrupted by Mrs. Weasley. "-If you want to protect him, Harry, you have to go play with Ron and pretend everything is completely normal. The longer we can hide him and his mother here, the safer they are." 

I nodded, completely defeated. She was right, of course. I gave Draco one last squeeze on the hand and then got two splintered brooms from the corner. As I turned to leave the room, I made eye contact and gave him a reassuring smile.