Chapter 20: Our Chapter

Jimin

I smile as I watch Jungkook petting Binx and giving the cat love while editing all the videos we shot for YouTube and Skillshare. He had a one-on-one virtual lesson with someone and it was really nice to watch. The raven didn't mind me sitting in on it with our cat (because let's face it, even though the rocker claims to be a dog person, he's completely soft for Binx).

Not only did I find his lesson helpful since I'm trying to learn guitar, but watching him with the little girl has me looking at Jungkook in a completely different light, considering things that I didn't think I would.

Jungkook has been teasing me ever since we've gotten more flirty, but once we put a label on our relationship, he's been more and more insistent with his jokes.

"Tell me that at the altar."

"If you thought that sex was great, then just wait until our honeymoon, Starlight."

"Mm, I can't wait until you teach our kid piano~"

I sigh wistfully and watch the shirtless male chew on his thumb as his eyes scan the laptop screen, making the necessary edits. Despite him being a speaker person, he uses noise canceling headphones so he can focus on the videos. Otherwise, he gets distracted and ends up flirting with me or pulling me to dance.

Jungkook pouts as he works and his leg bounces up and down, so I sit beside him and place a hand on his thigh, the action calming him instantly.

"Starlight," Jungkook says without looking at me, his eyes falling closed, "thank you. I needed you close."

I blush and rest my head on his shoulder. Slowly, I peek at him and he pats my head.

"You aren't in the way like this. It's calming. If you fall asleep, I won't mind. I'll be your pillow."

Humming, I do just that.

-

I groan as I wake up, blinking. The space beside me is empty and cold, causing me to draw my eyebrows together in confusion. Did Jungkook go on a run without me?

Padding out of my bedroom, I head to the kitchen and look at the empty food and water bowls in utter confusion. Jungkook is always so diligent about Binx's care. He said he wanted to be the one to feed and give him water. The raven is always cuddling the cat, calling him 'Binxy' or 'Binx-Binx.'

"Jungkookie, you left your black cat and your dear calico! I'm lonely; come cuddle me~" I sing, looking around the apartment. But when I get to his bedroom, I feel my heart stop.

It's just how it was before the pandemic: a practice room-guestroom hybrid. Jungkook's speakers aren't set up. His guitar and bass stand is nowhere to be seen and his extra mattress has seemingly vanished.

In a frenzy, I grab my phone and search for my boyfriend's contact, only to feel my heart drop at the contact name.

Mr. Jeon.

"What the hell?" I stare at the contact name in disbelief. I remember Jungkook changing the contact name like it was yesterday, making it 'Daddy-Baby Koo.'

Irritated, I call the number and at the last ring, Jungkook finally picks up.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?"

"My apartment. What do you mean?"

"You live here."

"No, I don't."

I open the door, not caring about what I'm wearing and knock on the door to Jungkook's old apartment, an older black lady opening the door with a robe on. She narrows her eyes at me.