Chapter 10: Wish I Didn't

Jimin

I huff loudly once I drop the last bag in front of the door to my apartment. With a frown, I stare at the doorknob. Part of me would rather stay with Tae and Jin, but I need to be mature about this. The past is the past. I shouldn't let petty jealousy make it so I can't live with Jungkook. If he doesn't remember anything, then he probably wasn't trying to be cruel when he showed up at my apartment.

Speaking of drunk Jungkook, I nearly collapse when the brunet barrels toward me as soon as he sees me, tackling me. He smells like cheap whiskey and he sobs, holding me tightly.

"Jimiiiiiiiiiiin."

I stare at Jungkook. "You're fucking wasted, Jungkook. It's three."

He looks at me with a pout. "Drink with me?"

"No, I'd rather not." I struggle out of his grasp and put the groceries up. Jungkook keeps whining and hugging me.

"Please drink with me."

I turn toward him and he clings to my front. "Jungkook, what's wrong?"

He pokes his bottom lip out. "I'm a terrible person."

"Huh?"

"I would've said yes."

My eyes widen. "Wh-What?"

"Pretty, pretty, Jiminie." He giggles, burying his face in my neck. "Pretty in blond, pink, and silver."

I freeze and clear my throat. "I thought you forgot."

He pouts. "I did. And then I saw a picture of golden Min and remembered. Look, look." He pulls me into his room and pulls out a pick. "This is one of the ones you gave me. I didn't even realize."

"Did you actually forget?"

"Yeah! I was jet lagged and out of it and collapsed right after you left."

I cock my head to the side, studying the guitar pick. "But you remembered me when you were drunk?"

"Tipsy," he corrects with a giggle. "I'm drunk now. I was tipsy then. Not drunk enough to forget Cotton Candy Jimin. You were so pretty, all in your pjs and post-surgery. I could've eaten you up."

"Jungkook, it's okay to not find me attractive."

"Stooooooop," he whines. "You're gorgeous."

I sigh and smile at him. I pet the bunny. "You should lay off the alcohol, but thanks."

"No, I mean it." He cages me against the wall. "You're breathtaking."

My breath hitches when I see Jungkook's eyes darken, a flip switching inside him.

"Jungkook, you're drunk."

"I'm not going to do anything." He scoffs. "I'm showing you how pretty you are."

With a sigh, I give in. "Sure."

He takes my hand and puts it in his hair. "Would you believe me if I told you that I got my pink highlights because of you?"

My eyes widen. "What? Really? Because of me?"

Jungkook nods and runs his fingers through my hair, his pupils dilated. "I really liked it. But I didn't think I'd look good with it. So I've usually stuck to dark browns and blacks, but yet here you were, with pink hair, looking absolutely stunning. I wanted to try dying my hair bolder colors too. And when I went with Hobi to get my hair dyed and the stylist asked what color highlights, I just remembered you, looking like a cotton candy cloud, and said 'pink.'"

I shyly pet him as well. "Your hair is really pretty like this. But you shouldn't feel self conscious about trying new colors. You'd look good in any color. You could do blue, purple, blond, silver, pink, anything."

He moves his hands to my hips and rests his head on my shoulder. "You make me feel so pretty. I want to make you feel pretty too."

"What do you mean?"

"The way you touch me." He looks at me, hands traveling up and down my waist. "When I had the dress on, I thought you'd just think it was funny. I was trying to make you laugh, but you got all flustered and made me feel pretty."

His index finger travels from my waist to my arm. "You touched my waist, complimented my tattoos, and said they didn't ruin the look. Most people just call me 'hot' or 'sexy' like I'm just some sort of walking sex that should take care of them. Yet you've been taking such good care of me, Starlight."

He breathes hotly against me, eyes falling to my lips. "Jimin..."

"What?"

"I wish I didn't forget."

"Me too, Jungkook, me too."

Author's Note: Short, but necessary update. Do you think JK will remember when he wakes up?

Thoughts on the story thus far?

Make sure to take care and love yourself as best as you can.

With lots of love,

-BBM