1

Art creds: utsuro_DR on Twitter

Taking steps up the steep staircase was quite the challenge as it led right up to a colossal mountain, but Saihara still hiked on. He held on tight to the admission letter he had been blessed with, not wanting to lose it on his treacherous journey. If Saihara wanted any chance to stay in the team up at the top, he must get there first.

The weather wasn't kind to him, thundering down with rain and occasional lighting here and there. Though he specialised in manipulating water to however he pleased, Saihara still found this weather hard to deal with.

Saihara had lived in a fighter-full household for long, as most of his close relatives were indeed warriors. Training wasn't anything he wasn't used to, so he was fit and healthy enough to make the climb without dropping dead out of exhaustion.

Arriving at his destination, Saihara stood still for a breath before approaching the well-awaited building. Before he could even raise his hand to knock, the door swung open to reveal an older man.
He bowed, Saihara soon doing the same, then let him enter the traditional building.

"I've been informed that you needn't go over basic training as your home life has trained you well beyond that, am I correct?" The older man spoke to him.

"Correct." He replied.

"Good, I'll show you around and then I'll introduce you to your fellow fighters." 

Saihara nodded, then continued to follow the man around the place. 

Having now gotten the gist of his surroundings, Saihara was taken to the practice room, where a lot of the sword weilders were sparring with another, there were archers as well. 

Once the older man set foot in the room, every warrior in there looked over at the door and stopped fighting, turned to him and bowed. 

"Good morning, Sensei." Echoed out across the crowd. They all stood up straight and finally realised Saihara, some shooting puzzled glances to one-another. 

"We have a new warrior joining us today, but just because he is new doesn't mean he isn't at your level. If anything he may be more competent, so no looking down on him. Make sure to make him feel welcome." After he finished his speech, the older man looked over at Saihara, signalling him to introduce himself.

"My name is Saihara, Shuichi Saihara. I'm honoured to be here." He did as he was told and bowed slightly. 

The others bowed in acknowledgment, waiting for the Sensei's signal to get back to sparring. He nodded and then took Shuichi out of the room - to take him to meet the others. 

"We are going to show you the fighters that specialise in magic as well as healing, make yourself familiar with them even though you specialise in using weapons such as swords." 

Saihara nodded to the Sensei's words, following him into another room that was full of people testing and working on things.

As did the others in the fighting practice room did, they all stopped what they were doing and stood to bow to the sensei, greeting him. 

The sensei said practically the same thing he said to the fighters in the other room, Saihara introducing himself in the same manner as well. 

He scanned the faces in the crowd, and noticed a shorter boy with hair that seemed to defy gravity. 

'He must wear a lot of hair gel...' Saihara thought to himself as he exited the room with the Sensei. 

"I'll show you to the room where you all sleep, don't worry, the boys and girls have different areas to change." He told Saihara as he lead him through different hallways, eventually stopping at a room in the quieter area of the building. The sensei opened the door and let Saihara in first, following him and pointing to a bed near the far end of the room. 

"That bed will be yours, there are boxes underneath the bed where any stuff you need will go. I'm correct in saying your belongings will be getting delivered later today, right?" He asked Saihara. He nodded in reply to the question.

"Well, that's all you need to know, it will be time for lunch soon so you'd best gather with the others. They'll most likely be heading to the dining room." 

"Thank you, sensei." Saihara thanked him, he smiled warmly in response. 

"I look forward to seeing you grow into an almighty warrior, Shuichi Saihara."