🥀 Chapter 19

[ Art Credits: @mellohji on Twitter ]

I finally get out of the prison only to meet Tommy, "I was told you were here, what were you doing?" He asks, grabbing me by the shoulders with his sweaty hands.

I push him away harshly, making him fall onto the floor. "None of your business." I simply said and walked continuously, but not knowing where to go.

I could feel Tommy's presence, following me and grabbing me by the arm once again. "Whatever Dream told you, it's a lie."

"And how would you know that?" I ask, glaring at the taller boy in front of me.

"L-Look, I don't know what he said to you... But you really shouldn't trust him." He says as he was trying to convince me.

I slap his hand away from me, "Shut up, you're literally saying the same thing that da- that Technoblade just said, I don't even think if I can trust any of you anymore. You probably genuinely want to be with me, or you're messing with my head and feelings to gain the power that I have." I looked at him and he looks at me with pain in his eyes.

He sighs and drags me somewhere, where there are no people at all, it looked abandoned. He let me sit by this log that he dragged for me, he kneels, holding onto my hands, and looks up at me. "Look, I don't what happened with you and your dad or even your talk with Dream... But (Y/n), I-I really do love you... You make me want to become a better person."

He really looked genuine, I sighed and put my head down, not looking at him. "I really can't hate you..." I mumbled, I immediately pulled him into an embrace, "I love you too, Tommy. It's just been really hard for me to trust someone recently..."

"I totally get you, but right now, the only person I trust is you and Tubbo for now-" He says as and a random person appeared out of nowhere which made me shriek.

"AHHHHH!" That certain person also shrieked with me and quickly disappeared out of thin air.

I calmed myself down, while Tommy was looking at me with confusion plastered on his face. "W-Wilbur, do not do that ever again," I said and Ghostbur has finally shown himself once again.

"What the fuck, Wilbur... You ruined my moment, I told you to wait until I call you-" Tommy glares at the ghost that was floating and immediately covered his mouth, realizing he said something.

I stand up and looked at the both of them, "You guys were planning on something?" I asked.

Wilbur panicked and shook his head, "It's not what you think it is, (Y/n)... He just wanted to gi-" Before Wilbur could finish his sentence, Tommy nudged his waist, making him groan in pain. Thought ghosts couldn't feel anything.

"What is this? You were gonna betray me, aren't you?" I started to lose patience and got irritated.

"No, that's not it!" Tommy screams and got something out of his leather sling bag that he carries around. He showed me a ring that was made out of my favorite type of flower, (f/flower). He puts it on my ring finger and a blush was creeping on his cheeks, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"Uhhh, what?" I was so clueless and confused about what's going on right now, "Aren't we going too fast?"

"I-It's not like that, you idiot. I just wanna make something special for you..." That was what Tommy said. "The ring is just a promise ring, I promise I will protect you at all cost, I will take care of you, I will always love you, and whatever you do... I'll always be on your side."

"Even if it means breaking Dream out of prison?" I asked, not hesitating.

"I- Pardon?" He gave out a nervous chuckle, "What do you mean break Dream out of prison?"

I cleared my throat and looked straight into Tommy's eyes, "I want to punish him for what he did to me, I also want more information on what my father has been trying to hiding from me."

"Are you being serious?" He asked, looking baffled. I didn't say anything, but he must've read my face that I was, indeed, being serious about this. "N-No, no... I can't let you break him out of the prison. It's too dangerous, and everything will fall apart." He slowly steps away from me, the same with Wilbur.

I sighed and took out the ring from my finger that he gave me, "I thought I could trust you, looks like it's a no. But, I do know that you have thought about killing me before when you saw my true self, haven't you?" I asked to make sure.

Wilbur was trying to force Tommy to speak, but all I received was no response. All he did was avoid my gaze, small drops of tears slide down his face. I glared at him and decided to snap in front of him, "I fucking knew it, you're really just using me... To gain what I have that I didn't even know I had! You're such an asshole, Tommy, I don't want to see you again."

I ran away from Tommy and Wilbur, not wanting to see them anymore. 

[ Tommy's POV ]

"Why didn't you say anything to her? Don't tell me you really thought o-of killing (Y/n)..." Wilbur was definitely disappointed in me. I couldn't believe myself either, I did think of that, I just didn't do it.

I always question myself, do I truly love her? I grab the ring that I made for her, it was now dirty and the flowers were also dying. I messed up, I messed real bad. My tears wouldn't stop falling from my face, but the problem is that... I don't feel anything at all. I don't feel sad— even though I'm crying —I don't feel regret, nor guilty about it. I mumbled out a single word, "Fuck."

"You better fix things with her, Tommy. You can't just leave her like that, she's— she's broken. Always has been." Wilbur sighs, dropping his feet on the grassy terrain.

I look up at him and threw the ring away, "Did you not hear what she just said? She doesn't want to see me anymore, Wilbur. What makes you think that I can still fix everything? When I saw her in her true form, I felt like I was Dream for a moment, obsessed with what she had, obsessed with power."

"But you didn't hurt her, instead... You cherished her, you cared for her, you protected her... You loved her, Tommy." He shows me that soft smile, "You'll regret this forever if you don't get back with her now."

Then it hit me, the ache in my chest. I began to sob, even more, I held onto Wilbur, not wanting to let him go just yet. "Thank you, Wilbur."

I do love her.