🥀 Chapter 07

[ Artist Creds: @wiistef (on Twitter) ]

"S-Sorry, I followed you..." They said and took a seat beside me, I cautiously moved away, "Hey, I'm not gonna hurt you. I Promise." They said and raises their hands in defense.

I glared at them, "How do I know that you're not going to?" I gripped onto my bow, and they saw that.

They cleared their throat and gave me a mushroom, "I'm George." He says, ignoring my question. "Look, I saw you wandering around my land... So, I thought that you needed help."

My eyebrows furrowed, "Your land?" I asked and he nodded, pointing his small mushroom house from afar. I awkwardly stood up, "I'm sorry, I-I didn't know."

He quickly stands up too and scratching the back of his neck, "It's alright, you didn't know

He quickly stands up too and scratching the back of his neck, "It's alright, you didn't know." He looks around, he looked like he was checking if anyone was here. He looks back at me and smiles softly, "Alright, do you have anywhere to go?"

I shake my head, "Not at the moment... I bet they're even gonna look for me." I said the last part quietly.

The man takes off his warm, fuzzy cape and puts it around my shoulder, "It's getting darker and colder, come with me." He says and holds my hand softly.

I said nothing but quietly followed the man. We soon arrived quickly at his house, before mobs could come and get us. The immediate feeling that I felt once I entered his home was how warm it is, how homey it really felt. George lets go of my hand and looks at me, patting my head.

"Is it really okay to stay here?" I ask him as I put his cape on the rack that he had, "I felt like I'd be a nuisance to you..."

He chuckles, "Don't worry, you can stay for as long as you want." He says as he puts his glasses on the table and setting his bow and arrows at the side.

I nodded and began to take off my netherite armor, it reminded me of dad and Tommy... I sighed and set it aside too. "Do you know what happened at the festival a while ago?" I ask him since I didn't actually see him there when we were trapped by thirty people from that one place.

His face was flushed and he awkwardly laughed, "N-Nope... I was asleep the whole day."

I stood there, looking at him with shock. "O-Oh, I see." That was all I said.

He nods and cleared his throat, "Anyways, since you're staying here, I want you to take my bed... Since I don't have a second bed. I can just have the couch, so don't worry about it." He says, explaining where his room is and where to put my things.

"Thank you, George. I appreciate your hospitality." I smiled at him and sat on his bed, he did the same and patted me again.

"No worries..." He stops, looking at me.

"O-Oh, I'm (Y/n)," I said.

He nods, "No worries, (Y/n)." He examines me, "I've never seen you before... Are you some random wanderer?"