Chapter 1 - The End And The Beginning

Start from the beginning

"Quick, call an ambulance, he is still alive!!" I heard him yell at the crowd, cringing a bit at the voice. Then I wanted to sit up straight, I slowly moved my hands and tried to lift my body, the man saw my action and seemed to understand what I was doing and helped me to get up and then leaned me on something, I didn't actually know what I was leaning against nor did I care. Then I looked up and saw the man looking at me with teary eyes as he held my bloody right hand. "Thank you, thank you, thank you for saving my daughter" I heard him say while crying.

I could feel that my life was leaving me and that I wouldn't be alive for much longer, so I looked at him with the best smile that I could muster. "You don't need to thank me, I just did what I wanted to do." I said with the same smile. That was when the girls mother turned to me and then clasping her hands like she was praying she looked at me. "Thank you, thanks you so much for saving my baby." She was crying as she said that to me. I could feel my throat starting to get dry, but I knew I had to reply to her. My voice came out as hoarse when I tried to speak. "N-No problem, I'm happy that she is ok." She looked like she was about to say something but was stopped when I started to cough and some blood came out of my mouth.

The parents seemed to be panicking, though I didn't know since I couldn't see or hear very clearly due to coughing. After calming down I leaned back at whatever it was I was leaning against. That was when I saw the girl standing in front of me and looking at me with teary eyes while gripping the edges of her skirt and sniffling. She the apologized to me between the sniffles. " I-I'm *sniff* s-sor-ry *sniff* o-onii-ch-chan." I just looked at her as she continued. "Y-You got *sniff* h-hu-hurt be-because *sniff* of m-me." I frowned when I heard that, she was a little girl, she didn't need to learn about the cruel side of the world at such an age, children her age should just play and have fun without a care in the world. That was what I believed for a long time, that was also why I listened to the requests of little children and did whatever they wanted. And now, a girl of such age was crying in front of me, I was sure that she will hold herself responsible if I die, I can't let that happen.

"D-Don't worry, th-this is n-not y-your fa-fault." I somhow managed to say to her as I brought my bloodied left hand on her head and started to pet her while trying my best to smile. The girl looked at me when she felt my hand while tears fell down her cheeks as the blood from my hand started to flow down the right side of her face. I knew I needed to make sure that she didn't feel responsible. " Don't ever th-think that this wa-was *cough* because of y-you... I did th-this *cough cough* because I-I chose to d-do it... Please tell m-me that *cough* you wo-won't feel like *cough* th-this was because o-of you." That was when I saw the girls parents crying a little more while I heard crying from the crowd, maybe they felt bad about me dying or was it because of what I said? I guess I would never know.

"I-I will *sniff* t-try." I heard her say to me between her sniffles. I smiled at this, then I started to hear faint noises of an ambulance, the whole people gathered looked at the direction it was coming from and looked hopeful. But I knew that it was already too late for me, I lost a significant amount of blood from the crash and even if the ambulance managed to get here, they wouldn't have the necessary equipments to start my treatment right away, not to mention I was barely holding on to my consciousness, my vision was also starting to get blurry. "I-It's no use *cough* I don't th-think I will b-be *cough* able to h-hold on *cough cough* to li-life much longer." They looked at me in horror as they heard what I said, but that was the bitter truth, in a few more seconds, I will take my last breath.

"No, don't give up just yet, just hold on, the ambulance is coming." The girls mother desperately tried to tell me. And before I could say anything the little girl came close and hugged me, I winced in pain but didn't do anything to stop her. She then looked at me, her face was covered in my blood with tears falling from her cheeks. "D-Don't go *sniff* onii-chan, don't *sniff* go aw-away." I could see that she was breaking inside, she is at an age where she doesn't need to know about death, but I guess that's not possible now. I then started to rub her head as she looked at me. "Karin, r-right?" When she nodded at me I smiled at her. "I'm sorry to l-let you down K-Karin, but there are s-someth-things that we can't control, so don't w-worry about this, okay." I just smiled at her while she cried more along with the rest of the adults present.

I could feel my energy leaving my body and that I didn't have much time left, so I ruffled Karin's hair as much as I could and then looked at her with a smile while she just looked at me with teary eyes. "Karin, I ho-hope you h-have a good l-life." I managed to say, it seemed that Karin was about to say something but that was when I lost strength in my left hand and if fell down while the people had a shocked look. Karin looked at my hand in disbelief, then looked at me, I just smiled at her as everything went black.

Which leaves me here, I have been in this black, uh, void, or something. Well, the point is that I'm in some kind of black place all alone. How long have I been here? I don't know. Did I lose my sanity for talking like this to my invisible audience? Maybe. I don't know if I will be judged or not. I mean, shouldn't saving a little kid by sacrificing your own life make me at least a bit worthy to go to heaven. I mean, I know that I'm not a saint, I just did what I felt like and nothing more, but spending all my time here? I don't know what to think of it. I don't know if I have been here for a few weeks, maybe months, or maybe a few years, well, there's no point in talking about it right now. I just hope that Karin is alright, she has good parents, I hope she doesn't hold herself responsible for what happened to me.

"There's no point in thinking about it now." That was when I had the weirdest sensation. My eyes started to feel drowsy, well, you might be thinking that I was just tired and my body wanted to sleep. But, ever since I came here, I tried to sleep countless times and still I wasn't able to get a wink of sleep. But now I'm feeling drowsy, I felt that it was fishy and tried to stay awake, but it seems the feeling won as I fell into the world of sleep.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I felt my consciousness returning, I wanted to know where I was but I was unable to open my eyes. It also felt like I was covered in some kind to liquid. "Am I inside water?" I thought to myself as I tried to move but couldn't, so I tried to move my hands and legs and luckily I was able to move be leg. I then stretched my leg and it hit something and I quickly retracted it. That was when I heard a voice.

"Honey, the baby kicked me." I heard a voice, it was definitely the voice of a woman, wonder who it–! "Hold on, did she just say a baby kicked her." I thought to myself as I remembered myself stretching my leg and hitting something. Then I heard the voice of a man. "Really, where." The person in question seemed to be ecstatic when he heard that. Then I heard the woman whom I presumed is my mother. "Come on my child, please kick one more time, show your father that you can hear me." I heard the woman saw in a motherly tone. "Well, that settles it, they are my mom and dad.". I didn't need another minute to think as I send another kick which resulted in my parents letting out a happy gasp."He kicked, he actually kicked." I heard my father say enthusiastically. I was happy about it. "Isn't our little baby sweet?" My mother asked my father as I presumed she was rubbing her belly where I was like many of the mothers I've seen do. "We're so lucky." I heard my father say.

"I'm glad. My parents are happy." I thought to myself with a smile. That was when realization hit me. "Wait, their baby, new parents, and this is after I died. This means... I've been reborn!" I thought in my mind with glee. "I have a second chance in life, oh, thank the heavens." I thought to myself as I was in one of my most happiest moments. "I can't wait to see my parents." I thought to myself. But it seems fate had other plans as I felt drowsy. "The hell, why am I feeling drowsy now. I just woke up." But then I remembered that right now I'm still in my mother's womb, which means that I don't have that much energy, I have heard that the babies in a mother's womb usually sleeps all the time. "Well, I guess I only have enough energy to stay awake for this long." I thought to myself as I let myself fall once again back into the land of sleep.

End Chapter

I hope you like this chapter, please leave a like and comment.