Chapter 10: Victory

Start from the beginning

The warriors then loudly cheered as strength instantly filled their souls and body.

They then began to overpower the enemies they're currently fighting at in melee, the ones who unfortunately ran out of ammuntion.

With their swords and spears against knives, clubs and shovels, they crushed their enemies like wall and paper.

They then proceeded to gang up on the injured and started beating them up to death.

Meanwhile, Jessica just recently killed an enemy who tried to fire his pistol towards a warrior who had his back turned.

The warrior turned around and smiled at Jessica for saving him, Jessica smiled back in return.

But their moment didn't last long as a crack was heard and the warrior's head suddenly exploded like a watermelon.

Every warrior ducked at this and took cover in the nearby trees including Jessica herself as loud cracks were repeatedly heard in the distance.

Small chunks of the trees blew up as lead impacted on it, sending shockwave to the person taking cover behind it.

"Fuck, I need a head count now!" Jessica ordered, dust and wood flying everwhere as the cracks continued.

"ONE!" a warrior yelled.

"TWO!" Another one followed.

"THREE!" Then another one.

"FOUR!" And another.

"FIVE!" and another again.

"SI-" a warrior wasn't able to finish his counting as a stray bullet managed to penetrate his cover and hit him in the head.

His lifeless body slumped down in the tree he was currently taking cover at, his blood now flowing on the ground.

The loud cracks still did not stopped it's barrage as it planted holes everwhere in the forest.

"I'm supposed to be the seventh but since he's dead, im now the SIXTH!!" a warrior declared.

"SEVEN!!" a warrior then followed.

After a few minutes, nothing else can be heard except the loud cracks in the distance that kept shooting projectiles towards their location.

'Then I'm the eighth?' Jessica thought to herself, sweat dripping all over her body as hopelessness and frustation began to flood her entire mind.

Then she suddenly spotted one of the otherworlder's weapon lying on the ground near her.

"The thunder rods!!" she exclaimed as she crawled her way towards the weapon and grabbed it.

She then went back to the tree she was taking cover at earlier, but not without getting her right shoulder shot at.

"Aghh!!" she screamed in pain as she then immediately took cover behind the tree.

Grabbing her right shoulder tightly to try and stop her wound from bleeding, she heard worried cries from her fellow warriors.

"J-Jessica!!" a warrior shouted worriedly, he then got up from his position and began to run towards Jessica.

"Fool!! get back in there!!" Jessica warned while still clutching her wound.

But it is already too late as a group of lead managed to find it's way towards the poor man's body, instantly killing him.

They're now down to seven men, including Jessica herself, she gritted her teeth in anger at this.

But suddenly... the loud barrage of cracks stopped, surprising the remaining and surviving warriors.