Chapter 2: First Day Back

Niall POV:

Oh my god…… it was the first day of senior year and I was so not looking forward to tonight, because every year we have the annual Horan-Malik back to school BBQ at my house, another night that I have to be nice to Zayn, and he has to be nice to me. I stared at my closet, not knowing what to wear. I mean, I like bright colors and stuff but if I wear things too flashy it is just another excuse for me to get beat up.

I enter the school half an hour later clinging tightly to my books, I head to my locker and see Liam waiting for me. Liam was a god, he was tall, buff, good looking, he was like the perfect guy.

“See you tonight.. Fag” Zayn muttered to me after pushing me into some nearby lockers making quite a loud noise. Liam rushed over to comfort me as he was watching the whole time.

“Hey you okay?” he says giving me a big hug. He towered over me, he was a big 6’ 4” compared to my measly 5’ 8”, I always felt like a little kid around him, and he always protected me like a big brother too. Nobody knew this but I was gay, so is Liam, we sorta fool around sometimes, just like making out and stuff. He was the type of guy who wouldn’t make it awkward, he called it brotherly love, a little odd sounding but hey,, he was my best friend and if we can kiss without things getting aco-taco I thing all is good. But then there was the problem known as Zayn Malik, my tormenter, the one I happen to have a little teensy-weensy crush on….

Yeah so anyway he was coming over tonight and that was that.

“Yeah I’m O.K thanks Li”

“No problem, ready to go to music?” he said.

“Yep” I said, trying to act all chipper and such. He knew I was faking because it was my first class of the day, and one of all my classes that include the infamous Zayn.

Zayn POV:

“Do I really have to go to the barbeque mom? Harry wanted me to come over to talk, well not exactly, I told him I was coming over to talk to him, about him. He didn’t know just what about yet. I felt a little guilty that I was ditching Niall, we have actually had a few decent conversations, apart from the confrontations in which he got beat up by me.. I guess I should get to class then… class with Niall…