Part 19: yelena

I hold the gun to my chest, anticipating somebody else to shoot back. Curiosity baffles me and I take a peek behind the wall I'm currently hiding behind. "I know you're there " a girl's voice floods the cabin. She has a russain accent. My first thought is red room and click the safety off my gun.

" don't you think it's better if we talk"

"I only talk to people i know or trust, the rest don't get that privilege" i shout.

I hear her scoff. "Maybe if you stop hiding you might recognise me"

"Or i could just kill you, would make my life easier" I retaliate.

"And what would that achieve"

Her words boil under my skin. Her voice sounds painfully familiar the way Elena's did.

For a second i think. She can't be from the red room, she talks too much. Normally for widows, it's just from one kill to the next. Never enough time to draw your final breath let alone talk.

"Who sent you?" I bark as I check how many shots I have before stepping out from my spot and aiming the gun at the girl's head and firing a bullet. She lunges towards me wrapping her arm around my throat and disarming me in a second. I try to twist out her grasp as she slams me onto the ground. "Natasha told me not to hurt you too badly, but seeing as you're being so incopitent." she mutters, tightening her grip on my throat. " Natasha," I ask confused. why would this woman know natasha. nathsha is an avenger. Isn't she with hydra?

My confusion knocks her off guard as she reaches into her pocket, I knee her in the chest sending her tumbling to the ground. A viall rolling from her pocket, underneath a seat.

As if reading my mind she raises her hands in the air as she scrambles to her feet as I aim the gun at her chest. "I'm not with hydra or the red room" she shouts in russian as the confusion falls from my expression. "Then who do you work for"

"i work" she starts to say slowly getting to her feet and picking up the viall but is cut off as bullets start to rain down on us. The lights above our head start to spark and eventually die. "Get down" she shouts as something shakes the whole carriage. "Who are you?" I shout as the sound of bullets and coms take over my buzzing hearing. She smiles softly at me. "Yelena." As she says those words a memory resurfaces.

One of Dreykov's most prized possessions. A girl that i once knew, one of the girls that red room turned into an emotionless, ruthless killer . Yelena Belova.