Chapter 7: First Mission!

Start from the beginning

"I'll be there in a sec!", Sol replies. She looks back at you and says that she'll see you later. She quickly exits the room, then leaves for her mission with Selena.

Silence engulfs the room. You sit there awkwardly waiting for something to happen. You look over at Daisy who quickly returns the look back.

The silence is soon broken by Daisy who asks, "Just how long are you planning on sitting there without a top on?"

"Oh my bad", you reply, "I didn't know that some members of this squad still acted like little kids."

Daisy didn't know how to reply to that, and instead, just folded her arms.

"If your free later today, we could continue your tr-"

"Ah, there you are Y/N", Charlotte says as she walks into the room.

"Did you need me for something, captain?", you ask.

"Yes I do", she replies. "You haven't been on a mission yet, have you?"

"No I haven't yet", you say.

"Well good", she replies. "I have a mission I'll be taking, and I could do with a pair of extra hands."

"I'd be happy to help", you answer, "but what exactly will we be doing?"

"We'll be liberating a village from a small army who is taking advantage of it's people. We've also been told that the village's former leader was taken hostage by the army, so we will also try to find and free him too, if possible", Charlotte explains.

"I see", you reply.

"This mission will help me get a good indication of where you're at right now, and if successful, will also make for a good start to your track record, as well as giving you a good first impression to others as a new magic knight."

You absorb all the information and do the magic knights salute.

"We'll be leaving in 10 minutes, so get ready and meet me at the front of the building", Charlotte says as she leaves the room.

"Good luck", Daisy says, patting you on your shoulder.

Your turn around to face her, then thank her once again. You quickly leave the room and head to your bedroom, quickly getting dressed. You place your picture book inside your garment; and put a belt on, attaching your sword onto the side.

You make your way downstairs, and meet up with Charlotte. She picks up a random broom and puts it in between her legs, ushering you to do the same. It was awkward, but you did it nonetheless.

"Hold on tight", she says.

Where should you hold? Her waist? Her shoulders? Or even her br-. You quickly erase all impure thoughts from your mind, you weren't that type of person. You eventually decide to hold her waist.

The broom begins to levitate off the ground, then without warning, zooms off into the sky.

Both you and Charlotte are now flying pretty high up in the sky. You look down and see Clover Capital which had only taken a few minutes to get to. You watch in awe as the two of you quickly zoom pass the Capital.

"Are all brooms this fast?", you ask.

"It depends on the strength of your magic", Charlotte replies. "Someone like the Wizard King would have a broom much faster than mine."

"Ah, I see", you say. "Does that mean that you have to have magic to fly on a broom?"

Charlotte chuckles at your question and says, "There isn't a person in this world who doesn't have magic, so of course you would need it to fly a broom."