Chapter 2

Entering the city, I felt a chill run down my spine. Today, I will find out what I wanted to, ever since I found out about being adopted. My memory drifts back to the day I accidentally heard my foster parents, Leah and Vincent, arguing if they should tell me about it since I'm old enough to understand.

"She has to know, Vincent. She has the right to know!" yelled Leah. "No, Leah. You don't understand. She'll be eighteen soon and will be off to college. She won't need to know. We can all remain happy this way. What if she wants to find her biological parents and move away from us when she finds out? I don't wanna lose her. You know how much she means to us," Vincent cried out. Neither of them noticed that I was back home and standing in the doorway.

"I think we need to wait here till the sun is up", advised Aria, snapping me out of my memory. Realizing we've already walked up to the library, I agreed to sit down on the bench nearby. The library is a VIP exclusive that stores birthmark information that is unique to the family bloodlines. When a child is born, he or will she inherit the birthmark of their lineage. I feel nervous about getting through security since neither of us is a VIP member. We got to know about this from an online form while I was desperately searching for a way to find my parents. "So, did you think of a way to sneak into the library yet?" I enquired Aria, who looked hesitant. "Aria, please don't tell me you haven't yet."

"I did, however I'm afraid you might not like it," she whispered. "You know I wouldn't have done this if we had an alternative", she added. I wondered what it might be.

I didn't have to wait long to find out. A flashy red car was heading our way. No! It can't be. I saw a long-legged lean figure stepping out. Zayden. The only person that never hesitates to bully me at school. He would never have agreed to this. How did this happen? What have I missed in the past few days?

 How did this happen? What have I missed in the past few days?

His olive-green eyes, staring into mine, he grinned at me. "Don't look at me like you are going to eat me for dinner," he joked, getting out of his car. "I know you wouldn't have expected me to be the one to help you out. Ever since Aria told me about you, I couldn't shake it off. I'm sorry for bullying you at school. As an apology, I'm here to help," he looked at me with a piercing gaze that was sincere.

I dragged Aria to speak to her privately. "This was a bad idea. What if he complains against us about planning to sneak into the library?" She sensed my frustration. "He wouldn't do that, Zoe. Trust me." It wasn't convincing. I had to agree though we have no other option. "Are you girls coming or not?" he yelled from a distance. Dragging my feet, I went back to the bench to sit next to him. "Thank you very much Zayden", I muttered.