Chapter 8

At first I was really happy; but then I realized that I was sitting beside somebody worse than Shihori. He just had fun toying with me until he decided to kill me or… But she just killed for the heck of it. Anything in her sight would be destroyed. I started to inch away from her until I almost fell off the bed. “Kyuki, are you okay?” Koohori had asked. Okay? Does he not remember who this is?! “No! I am not okay! Do you have any recognition of who the hell this girl is?” I yelled with a nervous laughter. He just looked at me, then her….. Then back at me. “Umm…. Our neighbour?” “Yes, and the Blood-Moon Wolf Goddess!” “Okay. Sure, she is.” What was going on? Was it not clear to him from what was in the past? Sure, we were 500 and now were 1400, but it couldn’t be a big forgotten memory if I literally said the forbidden name! Okay, I know for sure that I was never going to go back home now. I sighed and looked over at Kyuko. Wait…

        “How did she come back alive then?” He stayed silent. “Ha! See? The only explanation is-“ “Kyuki, understand that he has locked it away over many years and doesn’t want to simply remember what I had done on that day I was banished to Earth.” A weak voice said. We both looked at Kyuko who was now done healing, but was feeling the pain worsen. “S-so I am not crazy…  Am I right?” “No… Sadly, you’re not.” She looked over at Koohori with such a sad look, it almost made me cry. “I am so sorry for what I did on that day. But like you, I am too, not worthy to control the power I have. I am too gentle and you are too carefree. At least we’re now even in a way.” Koohori was confused, but accepted the apology.

        We were all silent for a while, until I broke it. “So, you knew that that wasn’t Koohori yesterday?” She smiled and laughed a bit. “No, of course not! I could see it in his eyes that he was lustful for blood. In that time, though, it wasn’t the usual blood. I’m sorry I didn’t help, I didn’t want to be recognized just yet.” I tensed up with Koohori as she said that. I simply stated that I wasn’t the one who had died though. “What about the twins, are they not human as well?” We all would be seriously screwed it they were human. Neither one of us to ever return back home. Like Kyuko would in the first place anyway. “I am unsure. They seem human, but still hold a mysterious power I cannot determine whether or not it is supernatural like.” “And the upstairs people?” She fell silent, and a lot paler that she already was. “I shall not speak of them. But I can tell you one thing, change form when you see them with out a second thought.” Well then… I kinda wanted to create a racket that they could hear (obviously everything else wasn’t loud enough) so I could see them. Somebody that made Kyuko shudder? She didn’t even do that when she saw Koohori, she just rubbed it off. The only people stronger than the Blood-Moon Wolf Goddess and Killer-Wolf God were…

        “Kyuku, Kuraizu, and Hekami are up there, aren’t they? I took the silence as a yes. I looked at Koohori and frowned. He seemed to have gotten a bit mad, but for the first time since we were freed, he controlled himself and walked out of the room. I exhaled the breath I didn’t realize I had held in and looked at Kyuko with a slight smile. It quickly faded as I heard the front door open and slam shut. “I should probably go after him...” Of course he was going upstairs to visit them. They were the reason for our lock-away; for our banishment; for this curse that had been put appon us.