Chapter 4

He felt the fear of being threatened or injured, so he was transforming into his fighter form, which I called killer form because he didn’t know how to control it. I had to think fast, so I jumped on him. No matter how awkward my position was, I had to cover his ears and face. His nails would be easy to cover up with a lie, but golden eyes, sharp teeth, and real wolf ears on his head? No way would I like to try. And the changes of outfit as well, his ripped jeans were now shorts and instead of blue sneakers, he had black boots. He still had his cape-scarf on but his bare chest had a scar and bandages around it now. I let my legs cover his chest, hoping that it would work.

        “What are you guys doing? That is a clear memory of Koohori’s past and he doesn’t want to be reminded of it!” I shouted while turning my head to try my best to look at them, hoping that they would by my lie. “And the upstairs people will kill us all if they heard you firing guns! Juts give back the damn wolfs and call it even!” Kyuko shouted back. This time her voice even changed from high pitched and girly to low and a bit raspy. The twins hesitated, but dropped the weapons to their sides and walked back home, dragging Kyuko with them. “Nice to meet you guys!” They called. “Oh, what are your names?” Why won’t they leave!? Koohori is going to slaughter me soon! “Kyuki Kitsune and Koohori Hiragana, age fourtEEN!” I replied as I felt sharp claws break the flesh at my sides, only making me tighten my grip. They then left and closed the door. I sighed, but quickly shouted as I was thrown to the floor with force.

        “What the hell, bitch?!” Koohori yelled. I was going to die again. I just knew it. “You could have suffocated me! Is that what you were trying to do?” He got close to my face, one of his nails under my chin. Tears came out of my eyes as I clutched my sides in a desperate attempt to stop the flow of blood. He just started laughing. “Does it hurt that bad? I’m sorry.” He said with fake sadness. I shut my eyes tightly and concentrated. I felt my hair grow out and tie up, my ears popped out and two blades appeared in my hands. With the new courage I quickly got up and slapped away his clawed hand with my blue dagger. He got up two and smirked. “It’s about time you fought back.” He growled. I growled back and charged forward, only barely scratching his arm as he moved out of the way and elbowed my side. I yelped, turned, and sliced sideways, creating a new scar on his chest so it made an X. I saw his eyes turn even more golden at this and he became more violent. That’s when I realized I couldn’t fight back. He needed to feel safe for a while or else he would fight to the death. I sighed and dropped the weapons beside me, just trying to dodge was my only option.

        He looked at me with confusion, but didn’t give it another thought before going to slice my neck. Luckily I had a belt necklace their so it saved my flesh. Unluckily for me, it held up my shirt and it started to flop down. I held it in place but tripped over the cape that was as well attached to the beltlace. “Fuck my life!” I shouted angrily as I barely dodged the next attack. He just continued his maniacal laughter as I tried to cover myself and flee. My vision was becoming blurry and I was hearing almost nothing but a hum. The gashes in my sides were too great and I was loosing too much blood. I felt myself lean against the wall, only to be slammed right up against it and the sharp pain in my sides worsened. Again, I was thrown onto the ground and landed on my front. I felt him kneel above me and he plunged his claws into my back, hitting me in the heart. I yelled and coughed up blood, getting it on the white carpet.

        He was either tricking me or he came back, because in the next few seconds, I was being hugged. “I’m so sorry, Kyuki! I didn’t mean for it to happen…” he cried and buried his head in the back of my neck. I just coughed as a response. He never meant to, it was his defence side that did it. He couldn’t help but attack when he wasn’t in control of that form. It was a whole new person in some ways. “Shihori's to blame…” I barely said before passing out.