Chapter 6

I cried and screamed all night in fear. I don't even know if I slept at all. After Kyuko was murdered in our house, I was dragged to the bedroom and tied to the bed. You can probably tell how the rest turned out. I was still tied up and numb when Koohori started to wake up. He looked at me, then at himself; then shot out of bed. “Holly shit, I didn’t rape you! Please tell me I didn’t!” He shouted in shock and disgust at what ‘he’ had done. I stayed silent and looked at him with clouded eyes as tears still fell from them. “Shihori did. Not you…” my voice was hoarse and cracked. He covered his blood stained face with his bloody hands and didn’t move. He then sighed and asked another question. “Did I kill you as well?” A lump appeared in my throat as he said that. I just blinked and cried even harder. Without looking at me, he asked again. “N-no… Not m-me.” I hiccupped. His sad blue eyes looked into mine and I could tell he wanted to know who. I looked away and stayed silent. “You sho-uld g-go show-er… I d-on't ha-have nearly as-s mu-much blood on me a-s you-do.” He stayed silent for a moment before untying my hands free and heading over to the bathroom.

        When the door closed, I collapsed to the floor in depression and horror. The scene of the innocent Kyuko getting her head chopped right off played over and over. She didn’t see it coming. She didn’t even know he wasn’t Koohori. I sluggishly got up and made my way to where the body would be laying. I couldn’t look though; I just apologized and walked back into the bedroom. After a while of moping, it was my turn to wash off. Before I hopped in, I looked at myself in the mirror. My legs were covered in blood, my entire body was covered with scratches, and my neck had purple-red marks on it. I scrubbed my body with the soap until it felt like my skin was raw. I started to cry as I watched the pink water swirl down the drain. Images of Kyuko appeared and I fell to my knees. The steaming hot water pelted my head and burned my skin, but I liked it. It was warm. Sudden knocking on the door broke me from my thoughts. “Kyuki, hurry and get out! It is an emergency!” Koohori shouted and continued slamming the door. I quickly turned the tap off and wrapped the towel around my body. When I opened the door to peak out, Koohori yanked me and dragged me down the hall. He turned to go to the exit and… I was speechless…