Chapter 7

The sickening sound of crushing bones and gushing blood echoed in the hallway as I took in the scene. Kyuko’s headless body was crawling over to the head and was reattaching it. Soon it adjusted itself and stayed in place. The girl looked up at us with pained eyes and cried out for help. Koohori ran to her side and helped her up slowly, carrying her bridesmaid style to our room. I stood in the hall with my towel draped around my body. My long brown lock dripped onto the floor as I stayed in my spot. Kyuko was alive? How could that be? The only way would be… No… My head began to spin and I heard voices. Familiar ones of children. They were laughing and joking around in an unknown place to humans. It was three little kids. One with short luna hair, one with long brown hair, and the other with messy blonde waves…

“Be careful with  the guard up ahead. He is really good at catching us.” The little boy told the little blonde girl. She nodded and quietly made her way to the other side. She made it safely and waited for her two friends. The boy went next and he as well made it fine. The girl with the brown hair, not so much. “I see you, you little runt.” A voice hissed from behind her. She flinched and turned around to see a man in dark blue armour. “Uh-oh…” the little girl said and started to walk away slowly. She then turned to run, but the man yanked her back by her hair. “What are you doing in this part of tha castle? You know you’re not suppose to be over here!” he roared. “I am the princess of this palace, I deserve to go wherever and whenever!” she protested, but the man didn’t care. “Princess or not, you are still violating the rules! This is the fifth rule you had broken. And you know what that means.” She held her neck and pretended to hang herself. Her two friends giggled at the princesses action, only getting caught themselves. “All three of you will be sent to the dungeon and sentenced to death!” They all squirmed and wriggled, but they couldn’t break free. Suddenly, the boy began to feel different. His eyes changed to a glowing yellow and his teeth sharpened. His nails grew as well and he began to slash at the man. His armour held though. The princess, too, changed. Her messy hair became to pigtail and it caused the man to loose his hold on her. She had two daggers in each hand and stabbed one down on his foot. That was a weak spot. The tow other kids broke free and scrambled away, but the boy soon charged and sliced up the mans back, causing his first layer of armour to fall off. The boy smirked and the girl continued to thrash at his feet. The blonde watched in fear as her two friends battled. The guard soon go fed up and drew out his two large blades. The boy was sliced on the chest and it literally cut him open. He fell to the floor as his blood stained the ice floor. He was still breathing though, but barely. The girl was caught on the arm and her cape was also stuck. She couldn’t move as the man came over to her with his blade aiming for her neck. To everybody’s surprise, the little blonde girl shouted with furry. Her voice changed into a rather raspy and dark tone, her hair went into to pigtails and it turned black. Two white katanas appeared in her hands and she glared at the man with blood red eyes like a dragons. He just laughed. “Nice get up kid, but it won’t stop me from getting rid of you.” Her white wolf ears twitched and she ran at him with incredible speed, knocking him down on his feet. She raised her blade and stabbed into the slit between his chest plate and helmet, causing him to cough up blood. She then repeatidly jabbed through the chest plate into the heart. He thrashed around violently before stopping. She got up and went over to the boy.  He was back to normal and smiling weakly at his new looking friend. “G-good job, Ky-“ he was cut off as she sliced his neck and jabbed his visible heart. The other girl screamed out in horror, catching the black head’s attention. She neared her and was about to stab her in the eye, but an arrow hit her right one instead. She yelled out I pain and was slammed into the ground. The princess was then knocked out…

            A cold feeling was on my forehead when I came to. My eyes opened up and Koohori was standing over me. “Hey. Are you alright?” He asked. I just looked at him. Had he not realized what had happened? Maybe I just blacked out in the shower. “It would have been nice if you rushed to the toilet to throw up, you know.” He stated plainly and glared at me. Nope. It happened alright. Kyuko was even beside me in pain as her body adjusted back to normal. I cried as I remembered exactly who this was. What she was. Kyuki Hamiya was a Goddess. The Blood-Moon Wolf Goddess.