Back to the Boat

SKULL ISLAND
They start walking back to the boat and Conrad says, "Now, follow me, and we'll get off this rock alive."
They keep walking but stop when Conrad bends down by a log that has mushrooms on it. He says, "There's water close by."
"Are you lost? Which way?" Brooks asks.
"Hang on."
They hear distant roaring and Conrad gets up and says, "Wait here." He starts walking, "I've got to get to higher ground to find the river."
Mason walks off to and says, "Hey! I'm coming too."
Y/N follows, "Me two!"
Mason turns to her, "No. Stay back with Marlow."
"No. I'm staying with you Mason and you can't do anything about it."
Mason rolls her eyes but continues walking with her sister and Conrad. They walk for a little and then start climbing up the side of a mountain. Once they get up to the top it's night out. They look down and see the river below.
"The boat must be around that bend." Conrad says.
Mason takes pictures of the view. They start to see the shadow of Kong coming their way. He walks toward them and Mason backs up. She grabs Conrad's wrist and Y/N grabs Mason's other arm. Kong states at the three of them for a bit before Mason walks forward and let's go of Conrad. Y/N walks toward to not wanting to let go of her sister. Mason puts her hand up and slowly goes to touch Kong's nose. Y/N does the same and also touches his nose. The three of them tear up in awe and a tear escapes from Mason's eye. King stare at the two of them and then blows out through his nose. The sisters softly chuckle and glance at each other before looking back to Kong. They bring their hands back and step back again still staring at Kong. Kong also walks back and then turns around.
Then they hear an explosion and look to see explosions being set off by a lake. Kong roars and walks toward the explosions.
Conrad grabs Mason's arm and says, "We have to go now."
They run back down the mountain. They then run back to the group but see them aiming their guns at them.
"Don't shoot!" Conrad yells.
"Conrad, which way are we going?" Brooks asks.
"You four need to go back to the boat. It's that way." Conrad says and points at a direction, "Wait for us till dawn. If we're not back by then, just go."
"You ain't gotta twist my arm." Brooks says and walks in the direction of the boat.
"Where are you two going?" Marlow asks.
"We're going to save Kong." Conrad says.
"Not without me, pal."
"Me either" Y/N speaks up.
Mason turns toward her sister, "No, and I mean it this time. Y/N you could die, I won't let that happen."
"You could die too! Mason I can't live in a world where you're not there either." Y/N says tearing up.
"No. That's the final word." Mason says and then hugs her, "I love you and I always will."
"Then don't go. You can come with me. Please Mason." Y/N says crying.
"I have too." Mason kisses her head and then walks off with Conrad and Marlow.
"Y/N! You coming?" San asks.
"No. There's something I have to do."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
569 words