12-Dirk's revelation

Katherine was lying cozily on her bed when she received a call.

"What's up, Kathy!" Christy's voice was loud enough for her to sit up straight.

But unlike Christy, Katherine blandly said, "Nothing."

"You sound dull." Yes she was!

"Christy!" She didn't know how to put it in words, "I...met...D-Dirk."

"Oh."

"Aren't you shocked?"

"I am...not able to speak in shock....Did your back hurt his knife?" Christy never got rid of friends references.

Katherine chuckled, "What? No. Apparently, he's my colleague now. Have to bear with him."

"Poor you."

"I know right! By the way, how far did your book come?"

"I'll need another week to complete it. Then I have to search for a good publisher and then printing takes months and then advertising-"

"Yeah yeah. I know this. I just asked how far it came."

"Okay then. Will talk later?"

"Hey wait-"

Katherine filled her in about Dirk's new girlfriend, Milly. Christy wasn't surprised at all. She felt he was the Chandler type from the beginning.

《》

Katherine dolled up in a white and olive green gown and her hair tied into a cute bun with few stands of her hair hanging loose. Also, she warmed up her feet with black modern clogs.

She came out of the lift and was exasperated by seeing the whole editing team missing. Kevin and Laura weren't there. She looked at the bullpen and found both of them surrounding Dirk, who was sitting on his chair.

"What's going on?" She placed both her hands on her hips.

"Trying to measure Kylie Jenner's ass?" Kevin shrugged.

"Tsk! Have you completed this week's magazine? Mr.Hanusan will beat the shit out of us." Katherine whispered.

"Not practically possible, but yeah." Kevin nodded.

"Actually Dirk was showing his girlfriend's picture...." Laura trailed off.

Katherine, who was annoyed until then, was suddenly excited, "Ohh, show me too."

Dirk kept his phone back in his pocket, "These guys were asking me if I was single and I said no. They wanted me to show that lucky girl," Katherine made a disgusted face at that moment. "But I didn't show them. Milly doesn't want us to get public. I'll show you another day?"

"It's hard to believe this hottie is single. So I asked..." Laura spoke near Katherine ears and winked.

"Oh look, you guys are Shawn and Camilla who are keeping their relationship secret. The nation wants to know." Katherine dramatically whined. "Hmph! Back to work!"

During lunch, even though Katherine wasn't agreeing to it, Laura brought Dirk to have lunch with them. Dirk and Laura sat next to each other and across Dirk sat Katherine.

Laura ordered a hamburger and orange juice. Dirk ordered some PadThai and Katherine ordered a hamburger and coke. Kevin just then walked into the cafeteria.

"Look how I'll make fun of him." Dirk smirked, "Laura, sit next to Katherine."

Laura, who was trying to win Dirk hard, was disappointed. She grumpily got up and sat next to Katherine. Kevin bought himself a sandwich and placed it on the table and was about to sit. But, Dirk pushed the chair behind with his legs which led Kevin to fall down.