7-Katherine's doubt

Dirk was sitting in the library and reading a book when Katherine entered the library.

"Why aren't you at the cafeteria? Did you have lunch? Also, since when are you coming to the library?"

"I am not hungry. I've had some fruits a few minutes ago. And there's nothing wrong about me being here. Can't I just be on my own?" Dirk scowled looking back at the book, which definitely felt unusual to Katherine.

Katherine sat next to him and whispered, "Are you mad at me?"

Dirk nodded his head from left to right, indicating a no.

"Then what-"

"Katherine, it's about Nevin. I'm thinking what he said yesterday. He was so mean." Dirk hushed.

She took a moment to understand what he said. It was something he never said. "What did you say? You called me Katherine? Why?"

Dirk took in a deep breath, "I've already said you. I think I'm showing my anger on you. You better go." Dirk muttered as he turned the book page.

Katherine looked at him for a second. A few seconds later, she quietly went out of the library without looking back at Dirk. This was one of the thing she didn't like in him. He doesn't know where to show his anger and he ends up showing on her because she's next to him.

《》

Katherine held her purse and walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Her mom asked, as she flipped the pages of the magazine.

Katherine sat down on the stool which was next to the shoe stand to wear her sneakers, "Christy and I are going to the mall to buy ourselves a farewell dress."

"What's the dress code?"

"Long frock."

"Do you have money?"

"Precisely I have $60. Have to check..." Katherine waved and peeped out to see if Christy came in her car.

A few moments later, she heard the car vrooming infront of her driveway. She quickly gave a goodbye hug to her mom and got into Christy's car.

They stopped at the nearby mall to buy their dress.

They checked a few dresses and tried them on. Katherine saw many dresses but they were too lacy or showing-off much of her body parts. She didn't want to wear one such dress to a farewell. It was just a farewell and not a party or something.

After an hour of searching, Katherine tabbed a full netted sleeve red velvet frock which had V-neck which was almost full length. Christy fixed onto a sleeveless blue puffy frock which had black spots all over and it was three-fourth in length.

There was a queue at the billing counter, so they waited patiently in the huge line.

"You said Dirk was coming to shop with us. Where's he?" Christy looked around.

"Are you noticing now? I've been calling him and texting him but there's no response." Katherine and Christy went forward in the line.

"Hmmm." Christy nodded.

Katherine's phone beeped.

Dirk           : Sorry couldn't come. Spending time with these guys......
Katherine : Fine. Enjoy ;)

"Hey look. He messaged. Finally! He's enjoying with Robert and Nevin itseems. Last minute plans." Katherine grinned.

She did not disturb him for the rest of the night but again she got worried, seeing him not call or text.