Chapter 2

Part of you wants to text Jungkook to ask him if he's okay, to ask him why he had to leave so abruptly that day. But every time you begin to type, you hear his voice in your head, saying not to text him unless it's about the project.

Your other classes for the week have gone well. You've met a few decent people so far, but no close friends yet; meanwhile, Namjoon makes sure to talk to you every day, which you always appreciate. You were surprised to have Taehyung saying "hi" to you a few times when you caught each other on campus. You haven't had that class again, so you've only had one interaction, but he was still so kind.

It's Saturday, so you've mainly been home all day trying to get ahead of things. You're typing on your laptop when you notice your phone light up. It's Namjoon.

"Hey, you wanna head to a party tonight?"

"A party?"

"Yeah, one of my friends is having one."

"It could be fun."

"Get you out of the house."

"I don't know."

"I don't think my parents will let me."

"C'mon you're a college student now!"

"Say you're going to a friends."

"And tell them you'll be with me."

"They love me :)"

"True, but still."

"I don't even know if I should go."

"You know I'm not a party person."

"Come on, please?"

"If you're not having fun, I'll take you home."

You press your lips together to think. You've never been to a party, especially a college one, so you're not really sure what to expect; maybe you will have fun after all.

"Fine."

"Yayaya!"

"I'll be there at 9!"

You laugh and head downstairs to grab a study snack, passing both your parents sitting in the kitchen.

"Hey honey, how's studying?"

"Good," you say as you grab a snack.

"You didn't tell us about your first week. How are classes? Did you meet anyone nice?" your dad chimes in.

"Um, yeah, a few people here and there, but not much interesting has happened." Well, besides the strange way you were ditched by Jungkook, but you figure that isn't worth mentioning.

"Hmm, she hasn't gone back to her room yet..." Your dad looks at you skeptically, and you freeze. "What's up?" He raises a brow, and you smile cutely.

"Well, I just want to let you know Namjoon and I will be going over a friend's house tonight."

"A friend's house?" Your mom perks up.

"How late?" your dad adds.

"Um, I'm not sure, but I'll be with Namjoon the whole time, and I'll text you when I'm coming home." You give them an honest look, and your dad nods.

"Okay, but you better not be irresponsible."

"Really?" You straighten up, surprised.

"Well, you're getting older, so you can do what you want," your mom says. "But you have to be safe; no drinking, no drugs." She points, and you raise your arms up.