My past lover sighed, "Sadly I have no idea. However, I do know that she also sent more troops to Alaska, via a letter she had me read."

"That doesn't really narrow anything down." I articulated, once I had unlatched myself from Russia. "Alaska's a big place, and, because of planes, who knows where Cabi is planning a move."

The other five people around the coffee table nodded, but Mexico had something to add, "Though that may be true, we can pretty much eliminate any country below the equator, since I never saw Hawaii mentioned anywhere. However, my main three suspects are China, Japan, and you, Russia."

I shivered when I heard my boyfriend's name fall out of her mouth. No, no no no, I wouldn't allow it. He couldn't...I couldn't lose him. I had lost too much already, and, if I were to end up in a world without him, I'd go insane.

He, having seen my fear spike up again, began his comforting for a second time. Circles wandered across my back, under my wings, and sometimes on my shoulders, "Are you sure it can't be anyone else?"

"Maybe." Mexico tilted her head from side to side in response to my partner's question. "It's iffy at best, but theoretically possible. However, it's most likely you or China, since Cabinet convinced her generals that this was a good idea. It's foolish, but, as long as no one questions her, then no one will know better."

"But what about their allegiance to me? They shouldn't go through with it if the army knows I'm back." I persisted. There was a way to avoid all of this, and that helped calm me.

However, the euphoric feeling left me when Canada pointed out that only he, the others here, and Cabi knew about my reappearance. And that meant my former army was now blind to the actions that they were taking.

"Anyways. I think that regardless of who ends up getting attacked, China and Russia should start preparing for defensive positions along their sea borders, and in the sky especially." Mexico finished, as she stood up. "Aside from that, I'm going to go look for an apartment that I can rent back home."

"Hun," Poland asked, as he looked down to Germany. "Do you think you could show Mexico the office space we have? I think she'll be able to get more work done there."

The German smiled, "Sure, could you grab her a glass of water? It gets hot in there."

Meanwhile Mexico grinned bashfully, flattered by something the boys had done. She followed after the smaller of the pair, whilst the winged one went off to the kitchen.

Yet, I was too busy clutching Russia's hand to notice any of it.

I just couldn't seem to fathom the idea of him being gone like me. I didn't want him to experience any of what I did. He needed to stay alive, because...

Because...

Because I loved him too much.

God I was selfish, but I really didn't care. He needed to stay, because I wanted him to.

"America, could you loosen your grip a bit?" Russia whispered. His voice was strained, as if he was exceeding past his limits.

I hastily apologized, and dropped his hand, but he pulled mine back, "I said loosen, I never said let go."

A light curve in my lips made its way onto my face, as I returned the action and gave his hand a squeeze.

We stalled there for a couple of minutes, before he got up and plucked me to him. Canada gave us a bit of a confused look, as we left the room and walked into the dining room.

In there, I saw my three girls, each with a pen in hand, scribbling something on some papers that were torn out of a small note pad.

"Done!" Massachusetts yelled, as she held up her finished masterpiece.