Chapter 10 ~ A Bittersweet Plan

Start from the beginning

"Dear Faeriel, you should sit and rest and let us take care of you." Radagast chimed in. He waited for Faeriel to sit, then he turned to Legolas. "Can we all sit and talk?"

"Of course," Legolas said.

Radagast handed them each a mug of the tea he had made, then took the seat opposite the couch. Legolas approached, surveying the place where he was to sit beside Faeriel. The couch was more like a chair, but he did not mind. His shoulder brushed hers as he lowered himself. The dilapidated center creaked and bowed deeply even under his modest weight, causing their bodies to slide even closer. Her sweet vanilla scent filled his keen nostrils.

Legolas felt all at once very heated and tense, though he did not seek to lean away from her

Legolas felt all at once very heated and tense, though he did not seek to lean away from her. Legolas welcomed an excuse to be close, but it wrought strange feelings inside him. And then there was her pulsing, effervescent energy which flowed lightly into him through their clothing, compounding the cacophony of unusual thrills stirring all throughout his body.

 And then there was her pulsing, effervescent energy which flowed lightly into him through their clothing, compounding the cacophony of unusual thrills stirring all throughout his body

Faeriel's emeralds flitted up and met his sapphires, sparkling in the lantern light. Her cheeks turned rosy and she caught her lower lip between her teeth. Legolas' heart leapt at the sight of her restored health.

Her gentle beauty and raw innocence momentarily stunned him, so it was several moments after Radagast started speaking that Legolas tore his gaze from her. He took a deep breath and refocused on the wizard.

"...it is as I feared, you are in grave danger. The wood is no longer safe. Dark things have crept into our sanctuary. My dear Faeriel, you are not safe here now. Legolas, I am forever in your debt already, but may I ask, could Faeriel travel back to your fortress with you? May she stay within your halls?"

"Of course she may!" Legolas responded at once, his heart leaping higher than a mountain. Radagast understood the need for her retreat to his Ada's halls. He turned to Faeriel to discern how she felt about this. Her wide eyes scurried between he and Radagast. Legolas wondered exactly what emotions filled her now. He sensed both fear and wonder emanating from her.

"Rada," Faeriel began, leveling her focus on the wizard, "how can I leave you here alone amidst the rising peril?"

Faeriel was stricken with fear for her family, for Radagast and every Ardaling at the sanctuary. What if those orcs attack them?