Cha ~ It's Not A Joke

En başından başla

"Byeonhosa-nim, you should stay at the hotel tonight," suggested Mr. Cho.

"I don't think it's necessary. I feel safer here with the Cassano Geumga Family."

"That's right, we'll all take care of you," said Larry.

"I'll stay at your house, Eonni," said Seo Miri.

"Thanks everyone, but I don't want to bother you too much. I'll make sure my door is locked tight."

"Never mind. We are all family," said Monk Chaesin, to which the others agreed.

I am truly grateful to have them, a family who loves and protects me.

~~~

I still haven't heard from Prosecutor Park regarding my filing yesterday. So I went to the prosecutor's office again. My arrival was greeted with a thump of the table. She was angry with a prisoner. I approached her when the investigator took the prisoner out.

"Ahhh... stressed..." she complained. "Why are you here? Do you want to increase my stress level?"

"Perhaps," I sat across from her, "did you receive my application yesterday?"

"What application?"

"A re-examination regarding the Cheon So Jin case. I entrust it to your assistant."

She turned to her assistant who looked pale. The bespectacled girl rummaged through the pile of files on her desk.

"Ah, never mind," Prosecutor Park waves her hand, "why am I doing a re-examination? The defendant has confessed and the trial is almost over. Later, just file an appeal."

"My client confessed in court under coercion from her husband. And last night I was attacked by someone who wanted to destroy the evidence I found. This is enough to prove that there is something wrong with this case. Then there are a lot of odd things about the evidence you have. There are minutes deleted from the CCTV footage. I have the footage recovered, but since I obtained it illegally, I can't use it in court. So I want you to recover the footage via digital forensics. And I also found tampering with evidence and flaws in the autopsy report. I don't know if you weren't careful enough in examining the evidence or if you were covering it up on purpose."

"Hey, Hong Cha Young!" She looked offended. "Are you insulting the South Korean prosecutor?"

 "Are you insulting the South Korean prosecutor?"

"That's not an insult but a fact. I never trusted all South Korean government and law enforcement officials. But to you, I still have some trust, because you handled the corruption case of high-ranking officials and cleared the Rising Moon case a few years ago. This time, I put my trust in you, Sunbae."

"Do you know what the consequences will be if I admit the flaw in my indictment?"

"Yes, I know. Credibility, even your position is at stake. That's why I submitted a request for re-examination, so that you yourself will reveal the truth. I could reveal all that at the next trial or in the media, but I respect you as my senior and the only South Korean prosecutor I can still trust."