24 | Promise Me

One Week Later

Anastasia's POV:

I sit outside on the Bruce's bedroom porch, with my knees to my chest just taking in the New York view.

New York is a beautiful place, but only when you have enough money to see it's beauty. This view is much better than the view of New York from my house.

"Anastasia, it's freezing. Come back inside." Bruce hurries, coming outside holding a hand out to me.

During the night it can get pretty cold here, considering it's really high off the ground.

"What if he doesn't choose me. What if he chooses Issac."

"He wouldn't do that." Bruce kisses the side of my head, pulling me into a warm hug.

"What if he hates me for letting this happen?"

"Anastasia, Elijah loves you more than this life itself. I promise he doesn't hate you. You're his mother". He kisses my cheek, and hugging me again.

Flashback:

Fucker: I believe you...

I started confused at my phone. I look at Bruce and Elijah who lay peacefully beside me on the bed.

Fucker: I want to help you send her to jail.

That made me understand. He believed that I didn't hit Maya, and that she's been the one abusing our child.

But I don't need his help. I don't need him.

I do what I should have done, the second he cheated on me. I block his number putting my phone aside, cuddling into Elijah and Bruce.

But this means, I have to go to court with him. For Elijah's custody.

I sigh, starring at the peaceful people next to me.

End Of Flashback

"Anastasia, I promise he loves you so much." He lifts me up off the couch on the balcony, carrying me until my back hits the soft bed.

"You need to rest for tomorrow." He kisses my forehead, and got in bed next to me and Elijah.

Tomorrow's the day, me and Issac go to court. At the moment I do have most custody over Elijah, but I want to make it permanent. I want nothing to with Issac.

In the last week everything happened so fast. One minute I was beating the shit out of Maya, the next I find out she's sent to jail right after her recovery.

I was shocked to say the least, but glad that matter was out of the way. Everything in my lift is so hectic, I don't know if I can do it anymore.

I just feel the need to run. I've never ran away from my problems. I've always found a way to solve them all.

But if Elijah leaves me. Then I have nothing. The child I'd carried in my womb for 9 months. Feed from my own body. Changed, and spent countless night awake while Issac slept peacefully on our bed.

I would lose my mind, if he left me. And there's guilt that tugs at the edge of my skin, telling me it's best if he just leaves. It best if I don't get him involved.

Tomorrow, they'll decide everything.

I can't sleep. I can't think. I can only stare. Stare at the two people on the bed beside me. Bruce had already fallen asleep. I sigh as I lean my head against the wall, sitting with my back on the headboard.