"Don't worry buddy. Melanie is gonna pay for what she did, I promise. And you're gonna be living with your mom again. How does that sound?" I asked him while petting his head.

His ears perked up and his tail started wagging. He moved his head over so my hand was no longer on it and started licking the palm of my hand.

"Well that's great to hear. But the thing is, mom has to go fulfill her promise. But you have to stay here. I'm gonna fix you up the best way I can and put you in the best hiding spot I can find in case she comes back." I explained to him while walking to the back of the house.

They had a very small backyard with a regular brown wooden fence and a type of white plastic shed where all the utilities are.

I opens the shed and found a first aid kit.

I wrapped the smallest ice pack I could find around his paw using wrapping paper. I disinfected his cuts and applied another ice pack for a couple seconds before wrapping his leg the best way I could.

I carefully put him in a shaded corner of the shed so he'd be harder to see, and put some black blankets underneath him so he's comfortable.

I ran into the house, fixed him some wet dog food mixed with the dry, some water, and another bucket of water filled with ice.

"If you feel the ice pack is getting warm just dip your paw in the water, ok bud?" I asked and he just whimpered in response.

"I promise I'll be back for you. And when I do I'll be back with your aunt and your cousins. I love you very very much and I'll see you soon." I said giving him one last pet and running back into the house.

I took a good look around the house, looking for any clues she might have left and I found a note on the fridge written in blood.

Most likely it wasn't hers.

Hello there my love, by the time you see this note I'll be long gone. I'm very sorry but I have to do this. I have to eliminate everyone you love so I'm the only person left. You may think I'm trying to hurt you my love but I just want whats best for you. Unless you can prove me other wise, I'll be killing each and everyone of them by the time the clock hits eight. Meet me at the first place we've ever been alone together outside of school. Catch me if you can, your family's life depends on it. <3 :)

I kept calm and crumbled up the note before throwing it in the garbage.

It didn't take me long to figure out the place she was talking about.

I grabbed Kehlani's phone and put the location in her GPS.

"Why are we going to a carnival?" Kehlani asked while raising one eyebrow.

"Because that's where she's at. She likes to play games but I'm not up for it. As soon as I see her her head is gonna be blasted off. You know I love to have fun with my kills but she needs to go ASAP. My top priority isn't for her to suffer it's to make sure my family is safe." I said grabbing the Mini shotgun from underneath the seat.