Strange

Victoria's POV

I woke up a bit late cause I had classes in the afternoon. My Sister Sarah woke me up actually for morning prayer. Since my cousin and I were not leaving early, mom didn't make lunch so she left for work early. I took a shower and spent about an hour on tiktok with only my towel around my body.

I'm a huge procrastinator so it's nothing new. I finally got up and got dressed. I texted Raymond but he didn't respond for like 10 minutes not like he wasn't online which is strange cause he always replies in seconds. I shrugged it off and ate breakfast.

"You ready yet?" My dad yelled from downstairs "almost done dad" I yelled back.

"Something I have to tell you Toria" my cousin Abigail suddenly burst in the room saying. "Whatever it is it can wait I'm running late now and I'm guessing you're not going today?" Cause she wasn't dressed.

"No I'm tired today" something's definitely wrong but I don't have time to ask her at the moment "okay then" I simply say and left with dad.

I took out my phone to see Raymond's text "won't be around today. Important work came up!:)". "Oh okay. Have a nice day:)xx" that's weird I thought he's off this week.

The day went by in a blur. Lots of jokes from the guys that had me crying at one point. These guys can brighten anyone's day in a minute.

"Vicky..?" Glennard called

"Yh what's up?" I asked "You and Raymond okay?"

"Yh sure everything's perfect actually..why?" I asked raising an eyebrow

"Oh it's nothing just wanted to check up on you you're like my baby sister you know" he says.

"I know" I smiled.

We had lunch at our normal spot. Gassimu didn't come today and Maligie had to go somewhere so it's just Glennard and I which means we're walking till we find a taxi " you sure everything is okay? Between you two I mean" he asks again to break the silence.

"I already told you we're okay.. although he acted strange this morning but it's okay I guess" I shrug

"How strange?" He asks with a serious expression on his face "uhh he didn't text back as fast as he usually does and he told me he had important work today so he couldn't come even though he's off for the week but it's no big deal" I said and he simply hums.

We walked in silence for awhile until he receives a call from his mom saying he should get something for her at the grocery store which was quite far " you can go I'll walk the rest of the way" I said.

"Are you sure you'll be fine walking alone? I mean you have your glasses on and all but you can still get hit" he says smirking at me.

"Hey! I'm not blind you know and I'll be fine" I rolled my eyes and chuckled "okay missy see you tomorrow"

"Yh see ya" with that I was now walking alone.

I was lost in my thoughts thinking about Raymond and how everyone else was acting strange and asking weird questions and wanting to talk to me that I didn't notice a wall I bumped into. But why is there a wall in the middle of a road? ....well it wasn't a wall at all.

I looked up and locked eyes with big gray eyes and boy...to say this man was handsome would be a huge understatement. He has messy brown curly hair, sharp jawline, plump pink lips and full eyebrows. He was HANDSOME. I didn't realize I was checking him out until he clears his throat.

"I uh I'm s-sorry I d-didn't mean to" I stuttered "it's okay Rose" he spoke and his voice sent straight up shivers down my spine "o-okay" I turned on my heels and release a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Hey" he stopped me I immediately turned my head almost bumping in his chest.

"Why are you walking alone? I'll give you a ride if you want" he offered even though he's extremely good looking,he's still a stranger and I don't trust him "I'm good, I'm almost there anyway thank you" I answered with a smile.

"If you say so, I'm Ethan by the way" he offers his hand and I took it " Victoria, nice to meet you".

I got a taxi and got home. I took a quick shower and head to bed but couldn't sleep. The scene earlier played in my head and his face kept popping up in my head. No I can't think like this for someone else. I have a faithful boyfriend. With that I removed it from my mind and drifted off to deep sleep.

Ethan's POV

I woke up feeling eager to see my Rose. I have never felt eager to meet anyone like this before and the thought of officially meeting her made my heart skip a beat.

I put on a blue shirt and black pants. Ate breakfast made by the cook, grabbed my keys and went out to find a way to expose that idiot of a boyfriend and a way to be close to her.

I meet up with Henry and told him about what I'm planning "You do know that your a billionaire and has a business to run right?" He asked after carefully listening to me explain.

"I know but a few weeks off won't kill anyone now would it?" I grinned "I guess not" he shrugged.

After getting the information I needed I waited for Rose near her college. Call me a creep but it's for a good cause.

About an hour of waiting I saw her leaving with one of the guys I saw with her the other day and he wasn't her boyfriend so he must be a friend.

I followed them until they stopped and after a short conversation between them he left. She was now walking alone and seemed lost in her thought.

I passed her and parked a bit far from her. I took advantage of the fact that she was zoned out and purposefully stood in front of her.

She hit my back and paused for a moment before we locked eyes. My heart was about to explode she's so beautiful and looks so innocent. I noticed her staring at me with her lips slightly parting. "I uh I'm s-sorry I d-didn't mean to" she stuttered her voice so softy my heart melted. "It's okay Rose" I said looking into her big brown eyes "o-okay" she quickly said turned around letting out a breath and I smirked knowing I have an effect on her.

"Hey" I said feeling hurt that she'll just leave "why are you walking alone? I'll give you a ride if you want" I offered she went quiet as if debating going with me it's fine if she doesn't cause she doesn't really know me but I can't help to wish she'll agree.

"I'm good and I'm almost there thank you" she said with a warm smile that made any hurt fade away immediately "if you say so, I'm Ethan by the way" I offered my hand and she took it " Victoria, nice to meet you" she said and her soft hands lingered for awhile on mine and I didn't want to let go but I can't get creepy now.

I watched her get a taxi and I went home with a smile on my face cause at least I had a conversation with her today.
Tomorrow I'll start to execute my plan.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!