chapter 26

y/n pov

as you stepped into the building, a sudden strong wave of cursed energy washed over you. you turned to look out the door, realising clearly that there was a veil surrounding the building. had you not noticed this walking in? you scratched your head bewildered. nevertheless there was a strong surge coming from upstairs. you peeked at your watch. the mentor hadnt arrived yet... or maybe he was already inside and upstairs handling the curses ? you pondered, deciding to let your curiosity guide you as you found the only means of going up the elevator.

you stepped in, deciding to work your way down from the highest floor. as the doors closed and the elevator ascended, the cursed energy increased significantly as you rose to the top of the 4 story building. the curses were definitely there and you had confirmed it well enough.

once the elevator reached the top floor, the doors slid open, revealing to you a room that looked like it came from the midevil century and there were fancy chairs and tables around it despite it being somewhat abandoned. it was like a motel and rhe more you recalled your observations the more it proved correct. the energy swarmed the entire room and your body was getting accustomed to it, making it harder to sense the direction in which it originated. you channeled blue cursed energy towards your eyes, clearly illuminating the now radiating ball of cursed energy around the origin's soul. along with that you sensed 4 other souls and they all seemed to be gathered in a room connected to the one you had stepped into.

you walked carefully, feeling the air get dryer and then tenser as pressure accumulated within you. something was up and there were curses cooperating with each other in that very room. they felt like first grades and special grades, hopefully you'd be able to handle them. the mentor you were promised was nowhere in sight and neither was he outside the building. you carefully wielded two red balls of cursed energy in either hand and moved stealthily towards the room. you weren't intending to use them but just in case for self defense.

you nudged the door open with your elbow, revealing a dark room. suddenly, you felt arms and creatures jump at you, causing you to crash onto the ground in pain. what the hell?

mahito pov
as i paced over to the building, i quickly felt the strong aura of cursed energy. it's pattern of release almost felt familiar and i could only link it to the jigoku cult. where else would they be right... if they were looking for y/n they'd be in hokkaido. the jigoku cult was one to nest in an abandoned building and a small feeling in my gut was telling me something was not right and that something was already happening within the building.

i walked through the veil unnoticed, trying to mask my cursed energy by converting it into one similar to the one in the veil. there was a large field behind the building. it was truly such an odd location for this.

y/n pov
you pushed all the weight of you, trying to get onto your feet and see what it was that had attacked you. yet somehow the feeling felt familiar, almost like a deja vu. as the room cleared, the lights came on, allowing you to find yourself had moved into the centre of the room and surrounded by many curses. your eyes shifted and stopped when they met with the ones you had seen not too long ago. yorupo. you clicked your tongue.

"dont move and come with us and nothing will happent o you" yorupo said smoothly and your brows furrowed. then it hit you... this was an ambush and now they were planning to kidnap you. of course jujutsu tech wouldnt deploy a student on a holiday unless it was truly an emergency. the message and notification you received was fake. how naive of you. you swore at yourself in your head. you didnt want to attack the jigoku cult again, in fact your intention was to help them... along with mahito.

mahito. his face came to your mind, making you lose your guard for a second and smile. you missed his goofy face. you chuckled. the curses took a hold of that opportunity and jumped you. channeling their cursed energy as they held you down. you winced in pain as you shook the smaller ones off and tried to dodge the first grades attacks. however there seemed to be too many of them. soon you could no longer hold off and for your safety you gave in to your instincts, wielding yourself two firey red balls of cursed energy, ready to make contact and attack them.