chapter 17

y/n pov

you watched mahito's silhouette disappeared into slowly before you slumped back down onto the ground, leaning on the wall of the sewage tunnel. you sighed, that was a rollercoaster of emotions.

"SENPAI!" you heard itadori shout out once again as he approached the corner before seeing you slumpef against the wall. "senpai are you okay?" he asked with concern washed over his face. he scanned your body to make sure you were not wounded and he looked at you hoping for a response.

"he... got away" you said tiredly with a tone of defeat to prevent itadori from being suspicious. itadori sighed, feeling a little dejected that the evil curse was still roaming around but nevertheless your junior plastered a smile on his face, glad that you were alright. after all you still weren't completely healed and you were still banned from any missions. itadori scratched the back of his head, not sure how he would explain to shoko sensei or gojo sensei on why you were out here.

you sat in the spot a little while longer, contemplating what just happened while itadori stood next to you. he told you that nanami was waiting above and communicating with kiyotaka. you got up from your place, deciding to walk out of the drainage canal with itadori and go back to meet nanami so he wouldnt be worried.

as you got up from the steps to the main road, you and itadori met with kiyotaka and nanami. you peered into the car to see junpei still sitting in the backseat looking nervous as he fidgeted and fumbled his fingers. you leaned by the window, "hey are you doing alright?" you asked and junpei jolted at your voice before looking at you and giving you a shy nod. you smiled and nodded before kiyotaka tapped you on the shoulder. "miss l/n. i already got an ambulance to pick up the three kids you saved on the roof they should be fine now. good work" he said with a stern smile. you nodded, relieved that no one was badly hurt throughout all this.

you were later informed that junpei should keep his survival under wraps and hence he would be staying at jujutsu tech. nevertheless, itadori had invited him to join us and become a jujutsu sorcerer, that is after he calmed down a little
more. your heart tinged a little, feeling incredibly bad for the high school first year as he had to face the trauma of it all, being manipulated and toyed with as well as being transfigured. you sighed, hoping his strong will would help him move on quickly.

the four of you got into the car ready to get back to the school as nanami and kiyotaka sat at the front and the three of you sat in the back seat. you took the window seat and itadori took the middle. you watched as the scenery moved past and your mind began to wander. you felt bad for mahito too... he was a curse, but deep down you knew that the mahito who was killing everyone wasnt the real thing. he was being manipulated... but by what?

you stared firmly at your palms, using your blue cursed energy in your eyes to stare at your soul and the aura it was emitting. carefully, you saw the rigorous flow of cursed energy through you and you remembered seeing it in mahito as well.

mahito was a cursed spirit... and he was a curse born from negativity between humans. you sighed, what a painful thing to have to live with. he was constantly fuelled with such kind of energy. compared to cursed energy from fear of natural disasters or others at such, this form of human negativity was the most common, the strongest kind. you pondered for awhile, it didnt seem completely wrong that maybe the overload of cursed energy fuelled by human negativity was what manipulated him.

after all you had once heard that;

humans are the only creatures on earth that kill other humans just for fun.

no other animal would kill another just for the sake of killing. they did it for survival, for food and nothing more. so of course the human hatred and desire to hurt others was strong. you sighed, that was what mahito was made of. that was the energy channelled through him. your thoughts began to linger longer, realising the pieces were fitting together. you weren't sure if your theory was completely right but you were pretty sure there was some sort of correlation. you blinked to clear your vision, deciding to rest a little instead of pressure yourself with the thoughts. however, it never stopped you from wanting to help mahito.

as kiyotaka pulled up in the carpark of the school, you guys walked out and headed for the hospital. junpei hobbled along with itadori and you pushed open the room's door, revealing an angry gojo and shoko sensei standing inside with their arms crossed.

"y/n. what do you think you're doing? you were banned from missions for 2 weeks" gojo said with a stern voice, one that you knew meant he was extremely serious. you opened your mouth to answer but was immediately interrupted by kiyotaka. "sorry gojo, i called the school for assistance and she was the only one who was present. it was an emergency so i had no choice to call her in... it's my fault i apologise" kiyotaka said with a bow and you were slightly taken aback by his actions. nevertheless you gave him a small nod of gratitude before shoko attended to nanami and junpei. you and itadori were fine and nothing had really happened. gojo examined you a little, looking for any wounds you might have been hiding or didnt know of but there were none.

gojo nodded and he sent you off to your room to go rest for the day. he wasnt sure if your wound from a week ago had even completely healed and he didnt want you to overexert yourself any more. you took to his instructions and walked back to your dorm room while itadori stayed wite junpei.

you stepped into your room and grabbed some fresh clothes before heading into the shower. if was already nearing the evening and you were a little exhausted from the physical activity. however it was nothing you couldnt handle.

mahito pov

i had run further down into the drainage pipes, running in so far that when i turned around there was no one to be seen. i stopped in my tracks before leaning against the wall and sitting down again. i didnt know why but i felt so helpless... it was like there was nothing i could do. i felt my eyes run dry, i had cried to much but i still wanted to. my emotions had never been that strong before. i thought about y/n and a small warm feeling flowed to my chest. i didnt understand the feeling but it felt so comforting and soft.

i trusted her. i trusted her so much. i just wanted to tell her everything, whether or not she believed me, i just wanted to say everything on my mind. i wanted to apologise to her for everything on my mind... and maybe she might even be able to help me... 'no why would she do that' i thought as my hope fell a little. she was still a jujutsu sorcerer, she might be on my side and she might trust me, but she still has her place. if i ever stepped over the line i know she wouldnt always have the same trust in me. i sighed.

it didnt matter, i trusted her... and she had also given me her trust. i didnt want to break it, ever. i wanted to to talk to her... or even just see her face.

i stood up and walked through the drainage pipes, wandering around not completely sure of where i was going. i got out of the nearest entrance and looked around me. i had found myself outside the entrance of jujutsu tech, the same place i had carried y/n to last week.

i really wanted to see her.