Time Skip to after dinner

I had finished dinner with Neville and Luna and was now listening to Neville rave about how Professor Snape still picked on him. There was a knock on the portrait door again and Neville rose to open it. He mouthed 'It is Draco' to me, before turning back to hear what the blond was raving about. I lowkey expected him to shout, but what I absolutely was not prepared was him just falling into Neville's arms, sobbing into his shoulder. I was shocked at his appearance. His once immaculate blonde hair was now sticking to his damp forehead. He had not changed out of his uniform yet. His robes that were on his shoulder were now lying in a heap on the floor. His white shirt was now almost transparent, sticking to his body in a wet white mess. He was mumbling something into Neville's shoulder, but I could not hear what he was talking about.

Neville was trying his best to console his crying friend, but he did not seem to have any improvement. Pearly drops of tears kept flowing down his cheeks. Neville gently brought him to the couch and made him sit. He came to the kitchen and whispered something into Luna's ear and she followed Neville out of the kitchen gesturing me to stay where I was now.

Luna took her position near Draco now, talking to him in her soft dreamy voice. He seemed to be in a trance, tears falling down his chin. He hunched down in the seat, curling himself into a small ball, occasional sobs travelling to my ears.

The Portrait door opened again, now revealing Neville and Pansy, whom he had gone to fetch. She was sporting a baby bump the same size as me and Luna. But she was now in a grey dress. That was when it hit me that this was the ball night. She was coming when the ball was taking place in the Great Hall across the lawn. My hand hit something squishy on the table I was leaning on and I saw a flesh colored string. An extendable ear. I slipped one end into my ear and put the other end to the coffee table, thankfully not noticed by anyone.

"Oh Draco,"

Pansy was cooing into his ears.

"Don't cry, you know I hate it when you cry right?"

I heard Malfoy mumble a yes.

"No one deserves you Draco. If someone decides to lose you, it is their mistake and not yours. So, calm down and stop crying."

"HERMIONE IS MISSING PANS. How can I calm down when I don't know if she is safe or if she has eaten or anything? I cannot Pansy, I cannot."

My heart skipped a beat, was he worried about me? then my heart dropped again, he is just afraid of me spreading his secrets to the world.

"Dray, you know I love you right?"

"Yes."

"Do you love me?"

"Yes."

"Say it to me."

"I love you too."

There was no shake in his voice, just a quite sureness that proved to me that he was being completely truthful. So, they love each other now. Merlin itself only knows what I would find about him before the end of this goddamn day. But the way she drew him into her arms, the way she slowly carded her fingers through his damp hair, untangling them gently, the way she talked to him how much she loved him in a soothing voice rose something in me.

I remembered once asking Ginny what jealousy felt like when I had seen Ron kiss Lavender, and what she had told me came into my mind.

The Forbidden FantasyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara