"Whatever.", and he heaved a sigh of relief and let go of me. I untangled myself from him and sank my feet into the soft carpet covering the oak floors underneath.

I opened the window and let the brown barn owl inside. It did not even take the treat that I offered, dropping the letter on the floor and took off that moment.

"Such an arrogant owl."

And Malfoy had the audacity to laugh at me.

"Open the letter.", he said in between laughs.

I sighed and tore open the envelope, and I sighed again.

"What's with the sighs Granger?"

"Another letter from Professor van Heusen."

"Now what it is.", he huffed in annoyance, and I had the strange urge to giggle, except that Hermione Granger did not giggle.

"We are supposed to decorate this place with paintings, photographs and all that. 'Make it homely' she has said.

Now, Malfoy sighed. Then his face brightened as he possibly and hopefully had got an idea on how to bloody decorate the place.

"Did you get an idea?"

"Of course, I got an idea. Told you I have a hobby of Photography. I have some stills of mine I have collected over the years. We can use them and some paintings I have and we can do some artwork by ourselves, writing some angsty, happy, and inspirational quotes."

"That's an excellent idea. Can we work on the quotes first?"

"Sure, I will get the canvases and frames ready. We will work on them right now."

__***---~~~---~~~---***__

After 10 minutes we could be found in the living room working on the artwork. We had started with the quotes as I had requested. We were supposed to write small poems and quotes on it.

"Done."

"Done the first one already. Damn, you are fast."

"Thank you."

"Now show it to me."

"Here it is."

I stared hard at the canvas Draco had given to me. It was a short poem written for someone, his brother.

__***---~~~---~~~---***__

From the depths of my heart, come the words of a brother,
where our souls and our minds, are like that of no other.
The spirit of competition, will always be there,
in the look of our eyes, and the glance of our stare.
Protecting each other, is always a must,
good times or bad times, never losing that trust.
Like a vision of Indians, riding across desert sand,
or the heart of a Raider, when he conquers new land.
We never lacked courage, or showed too much pride,
with no thoughts of guilt, or feelings put to the side.
It's important to strive forward, and not live through regret,
but to savor the memories, and to never forget.
To be such close companions, always made me so proud,
never scared to express feelings, our emotions speak loud.
Whether it's heaven or on earth, our souls are always together,
we share that sacred bond, knowing that brothers last forever..

Source: familyfriendpoem.com/poem

__***---~~~---~~~---***__

I gulped as I felt tears dotting the edge of my eyes.

"Draco, this is wonderful."

I raised my head as I did not hear anything from him. When I glanced up at him, his eyes were on me, but his eyes were glassed over, as if trapped in a happy moment forever. But the next second his whole countenance changed. He tensed up and his eyes darkened in rage or anguish, I could not tell. But a knock on the Portrait snapped him out of the daze he was trapped in.

Eve stepped in, with a huge smile adorning her petite face as she held something aloft in her hand. But her smile dropped ff her face as she saw the raw pain in Draco's face. She dropped what she was holding onto the coffee table, and wrapped her Uncle in her arms.

"You remembered about Papa didn't you Dada?"

"Yes Eve. I know that I should be strong for you, but I just cannot hold it in at times."

"Shut up Dada, you need to be taken care of at times too. We all miss Dada, but I think you and Mama had it the most difficult. But Mama had him for a longer time than you had him. Write or paint like you usually do. Or cook up something delicious for me. I haven't had your pastries for a long time."

"Oh, you are such a greedy one."

"Only for your food Dada."

"That I know. Here see this, I wrote it for your Papa."

He gently took the plaque from my hands and gave it to her. She looked at it and then at Draco in adoration, and pure love. Her slender fingers trembled as her eyes passed over the lines in quick succession. Her eyes turned glassy, but unlike me she let them out. Malfoy drew her in his arms and consoled her as she wept for her loss. She swept out of his arms and picked up the scroll of parchment she had dropped on the table.

she proudly passed the Parchment to Draco, whose face lit up with admiration, love and pride.

"I am so proud of you Pumpkin. I knew you would be able to do it. You just needed a push in the right direction."

"Thank You Dada. I love you. I have to go to the library to finish my homework."

"If you need my help, you know the deal."

"Yes Dada."

She kissed his cheek in farewell and he did the same, dropping another kiss to her forehead.

"Bye Dada."

"Bye Eve."

She disappeared behind the portrait.

"She is so mature.", I said to Draco.

"She has gone through a lot in her 11 years of life. It is no wonder that she is emotionally more mature than most of the children her age. Sometimes I wonder what good I did in my previous life to deserve her and Jen. They are the only family I have, and I love both of them with all my heart.

"Me too."

"Uh?"

"You have me too Draco. We are not in love with each other, but we do need to spend the entirety of our lives with each other. I think it is time you accepted me as your family."

__***---~~~---~~~---***__

"Yes, it is."

It was later only we realized that those three words changed the course of our life.

Author's note

Short, but a good chapter, I think so anyway.

Hope you guys liked the chapter.

I think it is time to throw some action, and some passion thrown into their life.

DOUBLE UPDATES TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to update the next chapter.

See you guys later....

please don't be a silent reader...

Love,

Anakha <3.