Chapter 16

It had been a couple months now. Tommy had seen Toby every single day, whether it be for only a couple minutes or not, they still loved to see each other. Toby was always so happy to see Tommy, since he was never lonely again.

Tommy had been working much more now to earn more money. He did it just so that Shroud would have food, and water, to survive.

He felt bad for not being able to see Toby for that long everyday. He only felt better when he knew that Toby wasn't fully alone.

"Thank you again, kind little boy." The old lady said, Tommy had just finished mowing her lawn.

"You're welcome Mrs. Peterson." Tommy said, turning off the mower and placing it back into it's shed.

She pulled out some cash and handed it over to him. "Here's your money. Thank you again for mowing my lawn."

Tommy smiled. He had always felt bad for taking from her. She was just too sweet and he didn't want to hurt her feelings.

"Your welcome, and thank you for the money." Tommy said as she placed it in his hands.

"Oh don't worry about that sweet heart." She spoke sweetly. "Spend this money well."

Tommy smiled and waved goodbye to her, going to go meet Toby before the night came. "I will! See you next week, Niki!"

The old lady waved goodbye as well as Tommy walked away, going to see Toby once again.

He walked down the street and towards his best friend's house. He had grown very close to Toby. The two always hung out every day. Tommy always came over to Toby's house and they just talked with each other. Tommy had always loved talking to Toby, it was like he could finally talk about all his troubles away.

Tommy got to the hill and looked down at the house below. He had grown to love looking at that small house. It brought serotonin to his heart and made him happy.

He walked down the hill and into the house. "Toby! I'm here!"

"Tommy!" Toby excitingly yelled, Shroud running over and rubbing himself against Tommy.

"Hey, Shroud." Tommy giggled, bending down to pet him.

Toby ran over to the front door and hugged Tommy, almost knocking them both over. They both laughed out loud and helped each other up.

"Hi, Toby." Tommy said, standing up and helping the ghost up.

"What took you so long?" Toby said, picking up Shroud and holding him into his arms.

"I was just finishing mowing up Mrs. Peterson's lawn." Tommy said s they both walked into the living room.

The sun was shining through the window and making the room appear orange. Tommy liked that it made the room that color, it looked cool.

He sat down on the couch and his phone started to ring like crazy. Picking up and looking at it, Tommy swore under his breath.

"What's wrong?" Toby asked, throwing a little piece of string across the room for Shroud to play with.

"Wilbur is mad that I'm not home yet." Tommy explained, placing his phone back into his pocket. "It's my dad's birthday tomorrow and we are planning a surprise party for him. I have to help Wilbur set up decorations and make a cake."

Toby's face slightly saddened from that news. "Are you gonna come visit me tomorrow?"

"Of course I will." Tommy said with a smile. "I will never pass up the chance to talk to Big T himself!"

The ghost let out a breath of laughter, smiling up at Tommy's remark. "Well, have fun planning that party. Bring me some cake back!"

"I will!" Tommy said, getting up and leaving the house to go back home.

He really wanted to stay longer, but didn't want Wilbur to get more mad at him than he already was. If he got grounded he would see Toby less and that would hurt both of them.

Hopefully they would get to hang out for longer tomorrow.

Hopefully...