Chapter 2

The group of teenagers walked toward the abandoned houses. At the end of the neighborhood was a group of houses that were all abandoned and hadn't had someone live in them for many decades.

One of the houses was separated from the rest. It was the house over the hill. The hill separated it from the rest of neighborhood and kept it from seeing everyone else. People would often say that the house was haunted, but everyone was too afraid to see if it was real.

Tommy knew that his friends were most likely gonna dare him to go into one of the houses, or he would go in by himself. And he was down for the challenge.

"So, you thinking 'bout going in one of them?" Alex asked.

"I mean I will." Tommy told him. "I bet I can find a way in and find some pretty cool stuff."

"Dude, imagine all the cool old stuff in them." Ranboo said. Ranboo was a nickname for him since he didn't like to say what his name was.

Tommy looked up at the tall boy. The boy had grey-ish green eyes and had a mask over his face, he wasn't comfortable with people seeing his actual face. The mask was half black and white. His soft blonde hair was shifted off to the side. Ranboo was a very good friend of Tommy and they liked to hang out almost all the time.

"That'd be sick." Jack said. "We could get a lot of stuff that would be worth a lot of money, hopefully."

As the rest talked about the old stuff they would find in the houses, Clay and George walked in front of them. They were both talking about their own thing, the others couldn't hear, but Tommy. Tommy could hear them slightly talking about life and it's wonders. They were so cheesy.

They all got closer to the houses and could see them. They were all lined up nicely. All the houses looked like people were still living in them, even though no one lived on this side of the neighborhood.

The group of friends walked down the street. Everything was so quiet and peaceful. There was only the sound of birds singing through the air.

It was starting to turn dark so the sun set and at the perfect moment to make all the houses look like they were sort of glowing.

"Wow, that's beautiful." George said, adjusting the sunglasses on his head.

"It really is." Alex said.

"Well, what're we waiting for?" Nick said before running off. "Let's go explore!"

The others ran after him and looked at the houses.

Fundy, Ranboo, and Tommy ran off in the direction of the hill. When they got to the top, they saw a house at the bottom.

The house had a old wooden fence, which was very run down and looking like it was rotten. The fence also wrapped around the house. The little cottage looked so cute and small, somewhat rotten on the outside. Trees surrounded it and flowers were planted in the front and backyard. The flowers were of all different kinds and looked like they were taken care of, but no one lived there.

"Cool!" Tommy said as he ran down the hill to go look at it.

Fundy and Ranboo ran after him.

The three got to the house and walked around it. Fundy and Ranboo watched as Tommy jumped over the fence and walked over to the front door.

"Tommy, I don't think this is a great idea." Ranboo told him, watching the golden haired boy try to open the door.

"It's ok, Ranboo." Tommy reassured him. "No one lives here anymore. It's not like someone would live in this dump anyways."

Tommy couldn't get the door open since it was sealed shut with rust. He smacked his body against the door until it finally opened. The door squeaked as it slowly opened. The three stared into the dark house.

Tommy almost immediately started to walk into the house. Fundy and Ranboo thought it was a bad idea and asked him to come back, but he wouldn't listen.

Tommy walked further into the cold dark house. He walked into the kitchen, which looked like it had been well taken care of. In fact, the entire house still looked brand new, even though everything looked like it had been from the sixties. There was some things that looked bad and gross, but everything else was neat and clean.

Tommy turned around and saw that the living room looked neatly made. It looked like it had been taken care of. It looked like it had just been cleaned and vacuumed.

It sent chills down his spine when he saw how well the house looked. Almost like someone was still living there.

Is someone here- Tommy's thought got cut off when he heard a thud from upstairs.

Something, or someone, was here all right.

Tommy wasn't alone.